Football Manager 2005

botchedpiledriver

The other day me and a mate had an arguement in a fish and chips shop about this. I was talking about the Football Manager beta to another mate, saying how he should d/l it because it was/is amazing. Then the guy I ended up having the arguement (Not a proper arguement, but you get what I mean) with said "What the fuck is football manager. Champ Man is the best, it's always been the best. Don't fucking bother with owt else". So I try to explain to him that Football Manager was made by the guys who made the previous Champ Man's, and that FM had the CM database, to which he replies "Nah. Eideos (sp?) are still making Champ Man, retard" (yeah, he did say retard, at that point I started laughing. I couldn't give a shit, it just I knew I was right so I was persistant). Eventually after being backed up off a couple of mates, he believed me but he still said "I'm getting Champ Man. It's better".

How the fuck does he know? he hasn't played the FM demo, there's no CM demo that I know of. Also, he wants to fucking bum Robbie Earnshaw because in a CM03/04 game he got him great, and when we were making a dream side (IRL, like people on proper performances all around the world) he had Robbie Earnshaw in his team. I also mentioned how in 2 seasons on CM03/04 I got Lionel Morgan up to £17.5. He laughed and said "Who the fuck is he?".. He's only possibly the best young player (Bar, possibly Phil Jagielka) on Champ Man, with some good training. And he talks about everything as if he is a CM god and knows everything about it. And rates people in Real life about how well they do on Champ Man (To be honest, i've never seen Lionel Morgan play so I think they've overdone his stats a little. Possibly he was a Wimbledon AFC guy? I know a couple of guys on the SIGames staff support them).

Sory to go off on a rant. Can't wait till FM comes out... And Lionel Morgan's on a free transfer :shifty:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thankfully I've managed to fill in all my friends who play CM on the SI/Eidos split and FM and whatnot. I must've told that story about 10 times, but it was worth it. :) And YI, if your friend actually gets CM5 and then finds all the attributes are out of 100 instead of 20, surely he'll figure something's up by then? That's after you've been playing FM for 4 months and he's been blindly hangin on for CM. Idiot.

And Thomas, yeah, CM5 won't be out before Xmas, probably around March 2005. Personally, I wouldn't bother waiting. <_<

Has anyone played a freeware game that was around a few years ago, where you take control of Bromsgrove Rovers (a fictional team), who accidentally get promoted to the Conference?

That was quality :P

Bwahahahahaha! Anyone noticed this on the section about PPM (Players Preffered Moves)?

Likes To Beat Man Repeatedly
Edited by TheReilDeal

Rotfl.

My friend was aking me if I was gonna get the new FIFA. So I laughed, and said how PES was much better. And he said "Nahhh, FIFA's the best. The off the ball controls are fucking wicked. And I never could get into PES, didn't seem real enough, the controls were shit." I wanted to kill him, really.

The other day me and a mate had an arguement in a fish and chips shop about this. I was talking about the Football Manager beta to another mate, saying how he should d/l it because it was/is amazing. Then the guy I ended up having the arguement (Not a proper arguement, but you get what I mean) with said "What the fuck is football manager. Champ Man is the best, it's always been the best. Don't fucking bother with owt else". So I try to explain to him that Football Manager was made by the guys who made the previous Champ Man's, and that FM had the CM database, to which he replies "Nah. Eideos (sp?) are still making Champ Man, retard" (yeah, he did say retard, at that point I started laughing. I couldn't give a shit, it just I knew I was right so I was persistant). Eventually after being backed up off a couple of mates, he believed me but he still said "I'm getting Champ Man. It's better".

How the fuck does he know? he hasn't played the FM demo, there's no CM demo that I know of. Also, he wants to fucking bum Robbie Earnshaw because in a CM03/04 game he got him great, and when we were making a dream side (IRL, like people on proper performances all around the world) he had Robbie Earnshaw in his team. I also mentioned how in 2 seasons on CM03/04 I got Lionel Morgan up to £17.5. He laughed and said "Who the fuck is he?".. He's only possibly the best young player (Bar, possibly Phil Jagielka) on Champ Man, with some good training. And he talks about everything as if he is a CM god and knows everything about it. And rates people in Real life about how well they do on Champ Man (To be honest, i've never seen Lionel Morgan play so I think they've overdone his stats a little. Possibly he was a Wimbledon AFC guy? I know a couple of guys on the SIGames staff support them).

Sory to go off on a rant. Can't wait till FM comes out... And Lionel Morgan's on a free transfer :shifty:

You should get it from the shops on the day of release.

Lazy bastards :P.

I am going to GAME at 9am on friday morning, which means I am "ill" for college that day. If it isn't in GAME, I will go to gamestation as they always have the game on the first day of release, I have never not been able to get a game on the day of release from there.

Guest Red Devil

Wohooooo! I thought it was weeks away, it'll be the 3rd game in a month i'm going to be buying. It's following Pro Evo 4 and GTA:SA and the week after i think SD v RAW will be released so in around a month them 4 games are where the rest of my games budget is going. Cannot wait.