TV Shows that deserved more

JasonM

On 8/26/2016 at 11:50, The Chiksrara Special said:

I loved Revolution. I don't care what anyone says I could have watched that show forever. It seems no show like that ever lasts anymore outside of the Syfy channel and then with those you never really get any mainstream actors

Same. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Also helps that Giancarlo Esposito is a great actor and is just so good as a cold, ruthless fuck. 

Copper is my pick. It was a BBC show that I watched the first season of. It only had two, and seems to have disappeared from Netflix. It covered a point in American history (Civil War) in a region (New Yorks Five Points, same setting as Gangs of New York) that is one of my biggest interests in history.

I tried to like Revolution, but I was done after around the mid-point of the first season when...

Spoiler

Danny was found and promptly killed off, only to have a device important to the plot in him or whatever it was. The kid was a literal plot device.

I dunno, I wasn't too invested already and that just felt so on the nose it made my roll my eyes and turn it off. Petty, probably, but I never felt like going back to the show.

• Like 1

At the risk of putting words in Srars mouth I'd imagine she might be going along the same lines as my equally yonks ago post:

On 24/08/2016 at 10:18, Colly said:

There was that spell of very similar Lost-y sci-fi shows that I watched all of and all got cancelled fairly rapidly, Flashforward, The Event, Revolution, Terra Nova etc. I'm not convinced any of them would've been any good (though I agree FF had a top cast), but it's made sure I don't watch any of these without knowing they'll hit at least season 2 and likely get a reasonable ending.

Revolution was horrible but I forced myself through it, but I had to tap out of Under the Dome.

Closest you get these days I guess is something like Agents of Shield where you have a built in audience to start with for a bit of first season goodwill. 

• 4 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:45, C-MIL said:

I think it had bigger problems than losing your four dollars. :P

The first of the eight Shrink episodes is still on youtube though.

And now it is not, but NBC is streaming all episodes.

https://www.nbc.com/shrink?nbc=1

Since it's network, I'm guessing it's available without a cable sub...

Sliders deserved so much more than it got. Yes it got 5 seasons but let'sb5e honest here, only 2 are any good. Season 3 had a few good episodes but went to hell when

Spoiler

Arturo died, even if it was his duplicate from that near perfectly similar earth they visited.

Season 3 and 4 were full of "which film can we rip off this week?". Then season 5 saw them lose the main fucking character in the opening episode.

If Fox/SyFy had left it alone and not interfered then it could have been a classic but they did so it wasn't. 

Having seen it, Blood Drive deserved a second season to further jump sharks and make collectively little sense. But on the flipside I can agree that the show had dropped its original premise since the half of the first season, and they certainly wrapped it up in a way.

Still, it was silly and it was a breath of fresh air with a show that was stupid and nonsensical by design, I love splatterhouse exploitative fun and this one scratched that itch for longer than it had any right to do.

• Like 1