LHP Ian Clarkin
RHP Tyler Clippard
OF Tito Polo
OF Blake Rutherford

Yankees get:
RHP Tommy Kahnle
RHP David Robertson
IF Todd Frazier

That's a great trade for the Yankees. Kahnle is being seriously overlooked despite being the most valuable piece of the deal for the Yanks. Dude's become one of the better relievers in baseball and is under team control through 2021.

Rutherford has a chance to be something special but he's a long way away and the Yankees are going to have Judge and Clint Frazier for the long haul - and you know they're gonna end up signing Harper or something after next year anyway.  So there simply may not even be room in the outfield whenever Blake would've been ready.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Busch Strowman said:

The full trade:

White Sox get:
LHP Ian Clarkin
RHP Tyler Clippard
OF Tito Polo
OF Blake Rutherford

Yankees get:
RHP Tommy Kahnle
RHP David Robertson
IF Todd Frazier

That's a great trade for the Yankees. Kahnle is being seriously overlooked despite being the most valuable piece of the deal for the Yanks. Dude's become one of the better relievers in baseball and is under team control through 2021.

Rutherford has a chance to be something special but he's a long way away and the Yankees are going to have Judge and Clint Frazier for the long haul - and you know they're gonna end up signing Harper or something after next year anyway.  So there simply may not even be room in the outfield whenever Blake would've been ready.

This is pretty much exactly how I feel. Thank Christ someone took Clippars away. He has shit the bed every time he's gotten on the mound this year.

Rutherford is the only player I'm bummed about seeing go, but with Judge, the redheaded Frazier, and maybe Harper in a couple years, there's a logjam in front of him.

Im glad Robertson is back in the Bronx. I think Kahnle is a nice pick up that is lost in the Frazier hoopla. And Frazier gives us more pop at the plate. Chase is a fine glove at the hot corner, but he's not even hitting his weight, so something had to give.

Damn.  I was holding a little hope that the Braves could nab Gray, but there was no way Atlanta was going to part with any decent prospects and Oakland doesn't need veterans.

Houston is all the freak in on this season and rightfully so.  Would really want a Dodgers/Astros NLCS if they started today.

3 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Damn.  I was holding a little hope that the Braves could nab Gray, but there was no way Atlanta was going to part with any decent prospects and Oakland doesn't need veterans.

Houston is all the freak in on this season and rightfully so.  Would really want a Dodgers/Astros NLCS if they started today.

:huh:

• Like 1

I wonder if we know by the end of tomorrow whether Gray is going to be an Astro or a Yankee. I don't think the A's are particularly worried about trading him in the division since they are going to be rebuilding for a long while. So it'll probably be whoever offers prospects they're higher on.

I really don't want us to splurge our farm system on Gray. We can get the wildcard with this roster, and then all bets are off in the post-season. Let's not mortgage our system for a guy that still may not ever become the elite pitcher everyone thought he'd be.

I'd be happy to have him, but I hope Cashman keeps to his guns and keeps this farm intact. 

It's interesting whether this revitalized Yanks farm system is going to be a continual thing like the Cards or the Dodgers have been, where they can always afford to part with prospects because there isn't enough space at the major league level for all the talent they're cultivating. Or if after they start competing they'll gut it annually for missing pieces until nothing's left and the team's old.

11 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I think my favourite thing about the Frazier trade is also that it's just a huge middle finger to the Red Sox. 

I'd rather see the Red Sox keep/use Rafael Devers.  Devers isn't far off from what we're being told, and would add to a great young core.  The Sox could do better than Marrero yeah, but we don't need an expensive rental.

I was at the 15 inning Sox/Jays game the other day, first game I been to in three years.  Ended up leaving in the top of the 11th (right after Toronto took the lead) to catch one of the last trains of the night.  Lot of Canadians in attendance, was a little surprised by all the blue in the crowd.

Why are the Twins trading for Jaime Garcia?

Oh wow - I had no idea they were only a half game back of Cleveland. They're probably not going to overtake them, but it's worth a shot if the price isn't too high.

Edited by Toe
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Blue Jays have a good fan base. You'll often see a lot of Jays fans in opposing stadiums.

On the other hand, there are always a toooooon of Red Sox fans at the Rogers Centre when they come to town. 

Yeah Toronto tends to do well for road crowds do they not? it's a destination city during baseball season so definitely worth planning a vacation when your team is in town. Boston is a super short flight away too.