Survivor: Game Changers **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Me, either. I tapped out of The Voice a few weeks ago, because the judges were picking too many contestants to keep who should have been let go, and not stealing some who got eliminated. Despite one contestant still on the show being from my city.

I may tap out of The Amazing Race next week, depending on who gets eliminated. If there is an elimination next week.

This is the first season of Survivor I've watched since Russell's first season, and I am really enjoying it. I like that the groups seems to be turning in on themselves after only a week or two - it keeps the game exciting to watch.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:
  Hide contents

That non-transferable bullshit is bullshit.

That was amazing, one of my favorite moments of the entire season.

The editing is atrocious, but worse still is the over-producing the producers are so clearly doing. They're clearly, clearly telling the contestants what narrative to run with. It's not even mysterious anymore, it's almost like "You. This person and this person are doing this. Talk about how you figured it out yourself".

26 minutes ago, Alex. said:

I dunno if it is a down season or I am just outgrowing the show I hope it is the former and not the latter.

I went through this before with Fiji/Cook Islands and Caramoan. Sometimes you think you are done with the show and they bring you back. 

• Like 1

It's definitely a down season. I hope enough fans are loud enough about the blatantly misleading editing that they backpedal off of it, it's gotten really uninformative and not even for the benefit of including stuff that's worthwhile. I didn't mind it at the start of the season because sure, Sandra vs. Tony is worth throwing in a little bullshit suspense for, those are two of the biggest Survivor characters of all time. But when there's stuff like Tai getting votes two weeks ago with no explanation and just offhandedly throwing in "oh, Sarah told us to vote for Tai" the following week, that's really not doing anyone any favors. I don't know what annoying things happened this week because I haven't watched it and I'm struggling to when I've got stuff like Fargo and iZombie and MST3K in my "to finish" pile.

It's also just sort the bitter reality of All-Star seasons, that they tend to misfire at least half of the time, especially when they cast across the strata of finishing places.

I am not a fan of making every vote a blindside and I think that maybe explains why their terrible editing at tribals. If you make every single vote a blindside, you kill the impact a blindside has..at least for me it does.

I think one of the problems of "its always a blindside" is that as a viewer, you never know what the hell is going on.  I'm okay with knowing who is going to be voted out, when its always a swerve then nothing is a swerve and it makes it hard to enjoy.  I watched all the last episode thinking it would come down to Tai or Sarah and....BLINDSIDE!

The non-transferable thing was pretty hilarious though, the mastermind didn't read.

New List:

1. Brad Culpepper
2. Troyzan
3. Sarah
4. Tai
5. Aubry
6. Cirie

I'm pretty sure Cirie is out next.  We know Tai is already locked in the Final 4 and I'm sure Troyzan is as well since I doubt he is getting voted off next.

7 minutes ago, Azazel said:

The non-transferable thing was pretty hilarious though, the mastermind didn't read.

Apparently Sarah only gave her the vote swap right before they went to tribal and Cirie did not get time to review it, according to Michaela. Sarah was pretty calculating in what she did. 

This season has been weird, especially post-merge. It feels like we're not really getting to see the strategy that's going on, but we're also not seeing any real character development, except for maybe Sarah. I want more shit like when Cirie clocked Tai lying, or when Sarah tells Sierra she loves her before wanting to vote her out to get her vote.

18 hours ago, Alex. said:

Weren't Culpepper and Troyzan on the ballot for second chances...like they werent voted in, who in production thought to themselves, hey lets cast troyzan despite our audience not wanting him

Audience also didn't vote in Shane or T-Bird. They don't know what's best for them all of the time.

I'm also generally in favor of people who didn't get in via that getting in later because that whole process seems really brutal to the people who didn't make it. Not that all of them should come back, I'm not clamoring for a Jim Rice return, but yeah.

• Like 1

But Troyzan was a bad choice, when the season is "Game Changers" and there are others who fit that name better than him, and he's boring as sin.

Kyle Jason from Kaoh Rong, for instance, would have been a better choice. Hell, Cochran would have been a better choice.