Survivor: Game Changers **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Spoiler

I hope after this season, and since S35 is done filming that maybe fucked too, but starting with S36, they REALLY need to tone it down with the twists and idols and focus on better editing. That was a the clusterfucker they wanted...they wanted to MAKE HISTORY~~~! well congrats, you did, in a shitty fucking way.

Edited by Alex.

Jesus, what happened? I didn't end up watching last week's and I'm probably not gonna watch tonight's either.

On 5/21/2017 at 10:17, Alex. said:

There were literally only 2 people that did not make it that I would love to see again which were Shane and T-Bird. Everyone else could fuck off lol.

also my irrational fondness for Stephanie Valencia resents this comment very much.

Just now, GoGo Yubari said:

Jesus, what happened? I didn't end up watching last week's and I'm probably not gonna watch tonight's either.

Spoiler

Brad has individual immunity. They vote. Tai plays an idol on himself and the other idol on Aubry. Sarah plays her legacy advantage which is immunity. Troyzan plays his idol. So everyone immune but Cirie. None of the votes were for Cirie, so they did not revote and Cirie was voted out of the game without a vote towards her at a tribal council.

Spoiler

I guess that continues Cirie's legacy of pretty much exclusively being taken out by tiebreakers, idol plays, and bad twists. Jesus.

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

If we ever see Debbie again, it will be way too soon.

Or Tai. I just don't think he's able to control his emotions enough to play the game. Watching him gives me a headache, even though I like the guy.

About the finale and reunion show:

As soon as Tai was voted out, i didn't even need to see the rest. Brad handed Sarah the win by not getting rid of her instead. Culpepper made a big mistake, voting out Tai based on his `backstabbing' over Sarah, who was a much bigger threat. 

I'm also glad that Zeke and Varner came through what happened okay. Hopefully we'll see Zeke play again one day, but I highly doubt Varner will ever be invited back.

Next season looks interesting, but I don't like that its Fiji......again. 3 seasons in a row is too much. Then again, didn't they go to the Philippines for 4 seasons in a row?

Just saw what is apparently the name of the next season. There better be an alternate name like how Fans vs. Favorites is also Micronesia, because I am absolutely not typing "Heroes vs. Healers vs. Hustlers" into a thread title.

Example of why Brad is terrible at this game - 

How can you be mad about Tai voting out Sierra when you voted for him the previous tribal council? 

Dumb dumb dumb. 

I don't think I hated this season as most people here did. I don't think there was an episode I didn't enjoy, even if the editing was a bit all over the place and left out important stuff. As sad as it was, it was pretty surreal to see big name after big name get voted out in the pre-merge. Did Tony even get a question at the reunion!?

Yeah, I'd probably agree there were a few too many twists. Malcolm and Cirie both going out by being voted out by the other tribe and then not being able to receive any votes probably says there are too many idols/twists. I'd prefer things that affect the game outside of Tribal Council and Immunities. In MvGX, the reward steal was silly but created things the players had to work against. But Jeff's reaction to everything makes me think they like the pace of the current game. "History!" I don't think they are going to slow down with idols and stuff.

The reunion was so awkward when they were trying to make that Brad point, but I thought it was a good point. I wish it was more "people aren't bad people", they make mistakes when they are frustrated. I'm glad he apologized. 

Happy enough with Sarah win, even if she wasn't my first choice. She played a good game, then gave a really good analysis of how she was able to do it. She addressed Andrea's concern, but felt it was a good speech. 

Actually loved Troyzan in this episode.

Fucking hated that Varner got the last word of the season and thought they handled that whole thing really poorly. Let Jeff give his spiel (without getting to profit from it), then end it on Zeke, not the other way around. 

36 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

"History!" I don't think they are going to slow down with idols and stuff.

Are you saying Game Changers was the Charlotte Flair of Survivor?

Also, am with TCD, hated how Varner got the last moment, not to mention shilling his book? WTF was that. If not Zeke, should have ended on Ozzie's speech.

• Like 1

Survivor shake-ups I'd like to see:

The first episode, Jeff announces that one person from each tribe has an immunity idol. But only the viewers at home know who has the idols. (Lets create some paranoia right off the bat.) Maybe pick immunity by announcing who the tribes are before filming even starts, and have the audience vote for which person from each tribe gets an idol, with the results kept secret until the first episode airs?

Immunity challenges every other tribal. When there's no immunity challenge in an episode, there's an extra individual reward challenge, instead. With the twist being whoever won/benefited from the first immunity challenge can't participate or benefit from the individual reward. Once its down to 8 or less contestants left, it switches back to immunity every tribal.

Twist of Twists: Immunity idols can be used to break a tie vote...but only if one of the people who is at risk plays their own idol. Someone else can't play one of theirs for a save. (Both people play idols? They lose the idols and its still a tie vote.)

If someone ever breaks the individual immunity wins record, they are given a special secret advantage as a reward: The ability to give someone else immunity at the next tribal, but with a swerve: They can award immunity before OR after the votes are read!

And I want the Fan Favorite award brought back and made a permanent thing. 

I would also like to see them do a season made up of returning contestants who all made it to the finals but didn't win. (If anyone made it to the finals one season and didn't win but returned later and actually won, they're ineligible.)

Edited by GhostMachine