Survivor: Game Changers **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Yeah, regarding Zeke - Reddit had outed him several months ago. I actually wrote a pissed off response about how it was completely not cool for people to go around tracking down interviews somebody did to out them. Someone can tell 100 people they are trans in a small interview on a website without wanting to be outed to millions of people on a TV show. The self-righteous behavior on reddit is terrible, because I guarantee you so many people who kept talking about Zeke being trans before this are some of the ones mad at Varner. 

I went to preface this by saying in no world was what Varner did appropriate, but I think trying to rationalize what he did is stupid. He knew the merge was coming up, he wanted to make the merge and he was completely desperate. He was deprived of sleep, food and comfort and the emotional weight of the game was probably weighing on him heavily. Hopefully he uses this moment to learn and reflect and perhaps teach others about respect. 

I had heard the rumor before the episode, but I truly hope Zeke is fine with everything. A TV show editing you to be heroic and brave is great and all, but it truly does suck to have your personal life drudged up on Survivor in such a terrible way. 

• Like 2

Spoiler

Without seeing the episode or knowing beforehand through Reddit, I hope most people's reaction to hearing that Zeke is trans is, "Wait...Zeke is trans???...cool....so,who got eliminated." and not some backwoods, cruel,  trying to be funny-but shows your ignorance response that we saw directed at Paige over her leaks.

I'm sure it was just in the moment and he sincerely regretted it after that, but I just couldn't stop myself from being so pissed at Varner when he was trying to defend his actions. Sarah calling what he did malicious and him trying to defend himself again was really irritating me, because it felt like he knew he was going to be burned on live television and he just wanted to save a bit of his integrity, when what he should have done is just continued to admit what he did was horrible and wrong and just apologize. Defending yourself after the fact never helps, it only ends up looking like he actually doesn't know how horrible his actions were.

And I fucking hated the "I have black friends" argument he spat out.

Pei-ghee (I spelled it wrong probably) wrote on Survivor Reddit because she reached out to him and he really is in a bad place right now. I truly believe he regrets what he said and what he did and he is paying the price of it. 

Well....

Don't care either way about Hali being gone. But while tactically/endgame-wise eliminating Ozzy was a good idea, I really wish they'd gotten rid of either Sierra or Andrea. (Preferrably Sierra)

If Debbie makes it to the finale, she just might win.

Hali is in a weird category now in that I don't know if there's a player I've been indifferent to in most areas but loved at Tribal Council itself so much.

If that alliance that came out ahead in the last episode is the one that's making it to the end there's no way I'm finishing the season, and I am super-mad at Zeke for blowing up what would have been my ideal dominant alliance. But I got some of that sweet, sweet Post-Merge Cirie gameplay so I'm good for now.

• Like 1

I really don't know who I want to win. But I'm not too thrilled with that alliance, either, GoGo.

Zeke's bout of stupidity definitely didn't help things. I'm now kind of hoping he's the next member of the jury. 

I also want a GIF of Aubry's reaction to Debbie trying to align with her the moment Debbie can't see her anymore.

That was a real good GIF fodder episode/Ponderosa.

Spoiler

That was oddly a satisfying tribal. Seeing Debbie go was awesome and thank god.

That Cirie moment during the challenge...extremely cringeworthy to me. Also Zeke I really do not want to see him play again and same with Michaela. If she put in as much effort into actually playing the game instead of trying to be funny/create memes at tribal, she'd be a good player. No social game at all, reminds me of Russell in that sense. 

Not out of the woods yet with this season. Still way too many advantages/idols/twists for my liking. The editing hasn't been that good either this season. I feel like Aubry is nonexistent this season and instead we get stuck with that Sierra girl who I don't even remember who she is. 

But overall, good satisfying vote out but I am still not optimistic for the rest of this season.