E3 2017

GoGo Yubari

There's stuff that I think I'm very much "I will get" with an asterisk. Like, no full-price buys there probably unless Skull and Bones has a dope-ass story campaign, but I do admire that they just went for it and went for it and went for it some more. It was very much the antithesis of that Bethesda thing last night.

Despite my initial excitement when I saw the pig snout at the beginning of the trailer, I'm quite downbeat about Beyond Good and Evil 2. "Seamless online playground" is a phrase that raises my suspicions, and all the swearing doesn't quite fit with the quaint ambience that made the original so appealing. Plus it's a prequel, which is a bit of a kick in the balls for players who have been waiting around fifteen years for a resolution to the story. It might end up being a great game, but I'm getting the feeling that it could just as well be a different series altogether.

I missed Ubi :( Was it awful? :D 

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

Beyond Good and Evil. Excellent.

What???? NO WAY!!!! :w00t:

23 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Despite my initial excitement when I saw the pig snout at the beginning of the trailer, I'm quite downbeat about Beyond Good and Evil 2. "Seamless online playground" is a phrase that raises my suspicions, and all the swearing doesn't quite fit with the quaint ambience that made the original so appealing. Plus it's a prequel, which is a bit of a kick in the balls for players who have been waiting around fifteen years for a resolution to the story. It might end up being a great game, but I'm getting the feeling that it could just as well be a different series altogether.

What? No way :( 

I feel like Sony did this last year too and while "here's just the trailers for games" sounds neat in theory, in practice it gets very dull and same-y, especially when it's a chunk like this where it's all VR games I won't play any time soon.