E3 2017

GoGo Yubari

This upcoming Nintendo showcase is the event I've been most interested in at E3 this year. The last two years at E3 haven't been great for Nintendo, and the Switch reveal event was poor too. The Switch may have started well, but I think a good showing here is important if the positive momentum is to continue.

I'm not bothered at all about whether or not the Switch will get ports of multi-platform games. The past has shown that it's the mixture of more "outside the box" titles unique to Nintendo systems, such as Professor Layton, Nintendogs and Brain Training, that sell hardware, with such big Nintendo exclusives as Mario, Pokemon and Zelda catering to the more traditional fans. I hope we'll see a variety of games that cater to all kinds of potential buyers.

Just now, Bobfoc said:

How much better were those trailers than the ones in the Sony show? Sony's games might end up being good, but they're always displayed as such grim, serious affairs. Colourful trailers that focus on fun and imagination are so much more memorable.

This times a million. Nintendo's presentation was top notch.

Just now, The Chiksrara Special said:

They got me. I can't afford it yet but they got me I want one

That's probably best as they're having supply/demand issues right now - competing with Apple for parts last I saw.