Far Cry 5

probablyoliver

You know what I didn't like about the Jacob Seed fight?

I used a sniper rifle most of the game...so when he was using his sniper rifle I thought: "Cool! Sniper duel!"

Nope. I peg him twice, drop him, and he gets right back up. That was annoying.

The whole build-up to that was worse for me.

First the whole weird thing where you have to destroy the speakers or whatever, and he's somehow communicating telepathically or something. And then when you finally do that without dying ten times you have to work your way up to him and there's loads of guys and fucking wolves and he sees you easily. Working my way up that mountain was the worst bit. Once I was up there I didn't even properly face him, just threw some remote detonated C4 up on to his ledge and killed him that way.

• Like 1

That odd thing reminded me of when I was playing once I was just standing next to a road deciding what to do next when all of a sudden a plane dive bombed out of the sky and crashed into a car and they both exploded. Like the pilot must have really hated the dude in that car :P 

Which, in turn, reminds ME of...

On 18/04/2018 at 22:56, Arjen Robben said:

I hope they add a New Game Plus to this. It's such a fun game and the map itself, particularly the Whitetail region is beautiful, but I just have nothing to do anymore. So I'm just turning the game on to complete fishing challenges and stuff which is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Kinda just want to start a new game without losing my current one. Annoying there aren't at least multiple save slots.

• Haha 1

Is the end game stuff really that disappointing?  I still have to finish Jacobs region, plus whatever with Joseph, but reading how disappointed everyone is with the end game makes me really not want to play anymore

1 hour ago, Lint said:

Is the end game stuff really that disappointing?  I still have to finish Jacobs region, plus whatever with Joseph, but reading how disappointed everyone is with the end game makes me really not want to play anymore

I hated how the story ended but the fighting part was ok

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like its time for the unnumbered follow-up game that every FC game has had recently

I have to give Ubi credit.  They found a way to keep the Far Cry games an annual release, but keep it interesting.  Release a numbered game one year, then the following year release a game that uses a remixed version of the map but adding some new gameplay elements.