Far Cry 5

probablyoliver

14 minutes ago, Ollie said:

Yo @Kaney, wanna go on a killing spree? We can turn friendly fire off and I'll pretend I thought you were a zombie.

Also that's an invitation to anyone but I know a few of you are miles ahead of me because I've only played like, 2 hours so far.

Not tonight but sure. I have you on PSN yeah?

I love this game but holy fuck I hate this game. No spoilers just long.

So I'm trying to retrieve Merles vehicle the Death Wish. I go to the gas station nearby and they fuckin drive off with it ok fair enough I'll chase them. But I crash and realise they drive in a loop so I figure I'll just wait it out and get them on the way back. Nah, it's a VIP cult driving it so basically impossible to take him out while he's driving. So I'm trying to think what to do when the Death squad convoy shows up, all 3 of them in the little junction.

As I kill them, a fuckin armoured prick appears and blows me away even though I'm standing FACING him unloading a magnum straight at him. Boomer revives me, I kill the guy. A reaping truck appears, and a big rig at the same time. By this point I have no ammo left for my assault rifle. I miss the fuckin Death Wish on the loop by this point cos I'm distracting taking out these cult pricks. I make a barricade on the road with the trucks and try to hide when another heavy armoured prick appears out of nowhere, and a fuckin heli appears and kills me.

I respawn, the trucks are still there so I hide in the trees, ignore any cult and just wait for the Death Wish. A prisoner truck appears and stops at the barricade cos it's on the wrong direction so I quickly kill the guy and free the prisoners. Death Wish is about 300m away. A prisoner wants to tell me about a prep stash so I quickly talk to him to get him to fuck off.

Death Wish is about 150m away, I'm hiding out, have a full clip this time and I've managed to avoid the cults attention.

Death Wish is 100m away. The prisoner I saved jumps into the big rig and drives my barricade away.

hqdefault.jpg

[/spoilers]

• Like 2

I am really, really into this game.

I just finished Faith's area (story wise, I still have some odd ends to clean up) but at times I dipped up into the mountains up north to unlock Jess and do her quest and everything about it just flowed. Shame to see the open nature of the game being written off by a few reviewers as just something to note and move on, it really changes the way that this Far Cry flows for me. Minimal UI is nice and the way that everything moves forward for the main story just feels so much more natural. Far Cry 4 lost me with the terrible, terrible spirit quest sections and how the formula was just the same, same, same. I'm glad to see Ubisoft really polishing the concepts that they had into something that just flows so much nicer.

Yeah I'm not normally into Far Cry. It's the story of this one that hooked me. I really enjoy it even though I'm not great. If I wasn't playing on easy I would probably die like constantly :P I also tend to scream and shoot all my bullets any time something sneaks up on me :blush:

• Like 1

It is so satisfying to use a bow and arrow to silently take people down. I need to get better with the sniper rifle though.

What perks does everyone recommend? So far I took parachute, wingsuit, extra holster, and leadership. 

4 minutes ago, Ruki said:

It is so satisfying to use a bow and arrow to silently take people down. I need to get better with the sniper rifle though.

What perks does everyone recommend? So far I took parachute, wingsuit, extra holster, and leadership. 

There's one that lets you lockpick things, including safes - so you can do that instead of blowing things open. You'll come across places exploring where lockpicking can get you some extra stuff so that's nice.

I also went ahead and got the one that repairs vehicles while you're in them and that has been very, very helpful.

• Like 1

The health ones are more crucial than ever since they got rid of the segmented health bar and self healing, IMO. The rest are pretty much dependent on your play style. I tend to just save up perk points and pick stuff up that I find helps whatever has been hindering me (i.e. I picked up the swim faster one after drowning during a mission).

Edited by Nerf

8 hours ago, Nerf said:

The health ones are more crucial than ever since they got rid of the segmented health bar and self healing, IMO. The rest are pretty much dependent on your play style. I tend to just save up perk points and pick stuff up that I find helps whatever has been hindering me (i.e. I picked up the swim faster one after drowning during a mission).

Health does regenerate on its own though

I went with Harvesting (I'm pretty far into the game though).  That plus 2 archers is easy money.  I'm running around with a recurve bow and fulled decked out .50 cal, AK-M and 1911 pistol.  Just need to save up for a helicopter since I don't own any and there are more spawn points for those then planes

Is there any specific best order to do things per region? I think someone said do the story missions first then side missions for more money but is it safe to do the outposts and silos etc after you've liberated an area? I've heard some people end up missing one or 2 missions because they did stuff in a different order and it skipped stuff.

Liberating outposts is one of the best ways to get your Resistance Points up, aside from story missions.  I haven't noticed any real negative from doing them after you liberate a region, but I do tend to do the outposts as I find them to get my RPO up higher

5 hours ago, Lint said:

Health does regenerate on its own though

I meant the system from previous Far Cry games which has been replaced by limited medkits. Hence why a larger health bar is necessary ASAP.

23 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Is there any specific best order to do things per region? I think someone said do the story missions first then side missions for more money but is it safe to do the outposts and silos etc after you've liberated an area? I've heard some people end up missing one or 2 missions because they did stuff in a different order and it skipped stuff.

Well, two regions deep and I discovered that getting Resistance Points from outposts, loot trucks etc and thus forcing the boss encounter more quickly actually makes some story quests unavailable, so for Jacob's region I'll be tackling just the story missions and doing the rest afterwards.