The Vanarama Non-League Football Thread

Adam

Salford have signed Danny Lloyd from Peterborough. He scored 13 goals for them last season and is getting a pay rise. So just for anyone who was wondering why I do not want to see them succeed, this is why. They're spending money way over the normal amount for that division and I will never back clubs who try to buy success. Apparently they were paying Danny Webber over a grand a week when they were in the Northern Premier!

13 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Salford have signed Danny Lloyd from Peterborough. He scored 13 goals for them last season and is getting a pay rise. So just for anyone who was wondering why I do not want to see them succeed, this is why. They're spending money way over the normal amount for that division and I will never back clubs who try to buy success. Apparently they were paying Danny Webber over a grand a week when they were in the Northern Premier!

But they have the money though so why not? Why sign mediocre players and sit of a load of cash? They're spending a load on youth development with the Academy 92 but you're not going to get results from that instantly.

• Like 2

Because it creates a completely uneven playing field in the league, quite simply.

None of the Class of 92 gave the slightest of shits about Salford City FC before despite having all this money. I'm tired of seeing clubs come from nowhere purely because someone waltzes in one day and decides to chuck a load of money at it for a quick fix.

I'm clearly in the minority on here with this one so fair enough. I don't think the constant BBC wankfest over it has helped my opinion mind.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Because it creates a completely uneven playing field in the league, quite simply.

None of the Class of 92 gave the slightest of shits about Salford City FC before despite having all this money. I'm tired of seeing clubs come from nowhere purely because someone waltzes in one day and decides to chuck a load of money at it for a quick fix.

I'm clearly in the minority on here with this one so fair enough. I don't think the constant BBC wankfest over it has helped my opinion mind.

You're right, they probably didn't give a shit before. I don't think though it's just about the club. It's about creating something for the community and they have done that. The club is just the centrepiece of what they're doing.

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Ahem.

They will do, anything less would be a disaster. Rooney is apparently on £4k a week! The majority of Doncaster's players aren't on that and we have a top half League One budget. It's absolutely inhuman money to be spending at that level.

On 17/07/2018 at 20:20, Adam es Tranquilo said:

There are loads of clubs who actually made more money in the National League rather than in the League Two, it's well known there are certain players who have actively stayed out of league football as its more lucrative to be a non-league player for them.

47 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

They will do, anything less would be a disaster. Rooney is apparently on £4k a week! The majority of Doncaster's players aren't on that and we have a top half League One budget. It's absolutely inhuman money to be spending at that level.

AHEM.

23 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Nobody cared about Doncaster Rovers before 1879, I am tired of these Johnny Come Lately clubs coming in and creating an uneven playing fields.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, MDK said:

FA Cup winners

No problem! Then win the Europa League the following season and then the Champions League the season after that whilst still being a non-League club.