Music hot takes

VerbalPuke

I like Imagine Dragons. But I hate Creed.

Scott Stapp has a band call Art of Anarchy now. Haven't listen to them, because he was the main reason I didn't like Creed. 

Don't hate the band, but I am so sick of 5 Seconds of Summer's song "Youngblood". One of the local radio stations here plays it way too much. 

Foo Fighters are boring and derivative "rock" music, a safe name to mention for politicians who have to mention a rock band they like and for organisations to give awards to. They offer nothing new or fresh to the music scene and in fact deprive more deserving bands of recognition.

• Like 2

Nickelback hate is a meme and it's FUCKING infuriating when people act like it's the God's honest truth. Listen to some Nickelback albums. They're a perfectly fine hard rock band. In fact, after I take a nap I'm gonna post some of my favorites from their albums.

As far as Foo Fighters go, I enjoy them, but my enjoyment definitely has waned over the years because of the aformentioned lack of evolution in Grohl's output. They're a phenomenal festival artist, but they lack that material that warrants listening to it a lot on end. They lack a real next level song, most of their stuff is good, but not great, also not bad either.

They just... are kind of there, and have definitely fallen off in past years. I can only name two songs from Sonic Highways (which I was shocked to find out is already 5 years old this year), and I can name no songs from Concrete and Gold (I had to wiki their discography just to know that album was a thing).

Personally I prefer Queens of the Stone Age in terms of trying to go for different sounds with every album. And here's my hot take on them, ...Like Clockwork might be one of the best albums ever made, and for me it might be the best album this decade or even century. It is the only album i've ever listened to in which I have all (ten) songs on my playlist permanently, because they're all good if not great.

But also, like with Grohl, Josh Homme is a guy that has a serious alcohol problem that needs to be addressed. And unlike Grohl, Homme has shown to have been a mean drunk on stage at times. 

On 21/03/2019 at 22:31, =BK= said:

Nickelback hate is a meme and it's FUCKING infuriating when people act like it's the God's honest truth. Listen to some Nickelback albums. They're a perfectly fine hard rock band. In fact, after I take a nap I'm gonna post some of my favorites from their albums.

Boy, that's one friggin' long nap he's taking!

Foo Fighters are a perfectly fine band, but I agree with Meacon about the band not evolving. My favorite song of theirs is still Everlong, and look how old that is. 

After reading some articles about that messy Brody Dalle (sp?) and Tim Armstrong split, i think of Armstrong as a bit of a petty bastard for trying to ruin his ex-wifes career. Anyway...

- Mick Jones was the mind behind the music in the clash. Strummer was the lyricist (but only played the rhythm guitar as far as i know). Strummers solo records didn't really do anything for me 

- U2 post Joshua Tree fails to get me. I've tried multiple times

U2 have had a few good songs post-Joshua Tree: 

When Love Comes To Town (but the best thing about that was B.B. King)

Mysterious Ways

Beautiful Day

But they've not piqued my interest at all since Pop. And Zooropa, the album before it, was pretty shit.

On 26/03/2019 at 14:43, DanishmadePunk said:

After reading some articles about that messy Brody Dalle (sp?) and Tim Armstrong split, i think of Armstrong as a bit of a petty bastard for trying to ruin his ex-wifes career. Anyway...

Uhhh yea I might need to see those articles.  Best I know, Tim married Brody, she then cheated on him with that douche from Queens of the Stone Age, they got divorced and she married that douche...

Disclosure, my name Lint comes from the fact Operation Ivy is my favorite band and Tim Armstrong went by "Lint" in OpIvy

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lint said:

Uhhh yea I might need to see those articles.  Best I know, Tim married Brody, she then cheated on him with that douche from Queens of the Stone Age, they got divorced and she married that douche...

Disclosure, my name Lint comes from the fact Operation Ivy is my favorite band and Tim Armstrong went by "Lint" in OpIvy

I read that article on contact music wrong. It went down as you described it. 🤡. Cheers for the clean up though

On 30/03/2019 at 08:52, Lint said:

Wikipedia for what it's worth:

Dalle and Armstrong went through a bitter divorce in 2003. Rancid's 2003 album Indestructible featured songs ("Fall Back Down", "Ghost Band", "Tropical London") that dealt with the divorce and Armstrong's feelings towards it. Dalle has said that Armstrong was very controlling of her and it took her three years to leave him. When she finally did, Armstrong and his friends criticisized Dalle in the press, and she claims reportedly threatened the male Distillers and blacklisted anyone associated with the band; Armstrong denies those comments.

During her separation from Armstrong, Dalle met Queens of the Stone Age front-man Josh Homme, and the two began dating. Homme said of the beginning of their relationship, "we had to be very secretive, because she was just starting a divorce process. I went back to do those Desert Sessions, and you can tell what I was going through because I was writing stuff like 'Dead In Love' and 'I Wanna Make It Wit Chu'. I was so in love, I was totally revelling in it so much, I was a little paralysed." Dalle leaving Armstrong and beginning a relationship with Homme led to a backlash from Armstrong and his fans. Homme claims he received multiple death threats from Armstrong to stay away from Dalle: "I got all kinds of threats. They were saying, 'We're gonna kill you.' And I was saying, 'I'm six-foot-five and I have red hair and I'm not hiding. Go ahead.' I didn't steal anybody's anything. But not saying anything became the only thing that had any truth to it. There was Tim saying anything he could say and pretty much now it's established that fake-English-accent-singing fucking copycat motherfucker is full of shit. Don't be mad, just be gone."

• Like 1

*Random `recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee either didn't deserve to be in, or there are better acts that deserved to be in first' comment.*

(I don't think Radiohead deserved to be inducted yet.)

• 1 month later...