E3 2019

GoGo Yubari

FIFA 20 has a 100 player battle royal mode.

Not really though, that would be silly. FIFA 20 is the same game as last year's but there's a concrete bit.

I'm gonna make a real hot take prediction and say Madden 20 is going to be the same as last year's too.

• Like 2

I am a bit curious as i don't see NHL on their schedule. I know that i have used more time on that series than Fifa and Madden these past few years. 

Apart from the street mode, it looks like career obsessed people will be doo dooed on again. 

EA Access on ps4 though

38 minutes ago, DanishmadePunk said:

I am a bit curious as i don't see NHL on their schedule. I know that i have used more time on that series than Fifa and Madden these past few years. 

Apart from the street mode, it looks like career obsessed people will be doo dooed on again. 

EA Access on ps4 though

They typically don't do anything with NHL at E3. Occasionally, they've presented a trailer, but it's their sports game with the absolute least amount of funding and they're content to just plop it out every September with minimal upgrades, believing that the people who are going to buy it are going to buy it regardless.

• Like 1

Honestly I'm not convinced there is an 'And one last thing...' at the end, they seemed to mention something off hand at the very top of the show, but they've not said anything else since.

The Sims is wrapping up now, so I doubt there's long to wait if there is something.

It's EA though, so don't get your hopes up.

Yep. There's no final surprise. Dang.

• Sad 1

Without wishing to be a miserable git, that Star Wars footage doesn't excite me much. It looked a bit stilted and unoriginal. I understand why you'd be hyped if you've been desperate for a single-player Star Wars game for years, but I do feel that it wouldn't be making any waves without the Star Wars licence.

True, but let's say you replaced the lightsabers with swords and all the Force stuff with magical powers with other names. I don't think the gameplay would excite anyone in the way that other new IPs have over the years. Obviously, the Star Wars locations, weapons, characters and music hold a lot of sway, but they don't do enough for me on their own to make me overlook the gameplay.

That's just me, though, and I can imagine that I'd be more interested if the Star Wars expanded universe was something I really enjoyed. Perhaps if it were a licence I really loved, I'd be head-over-heels right now. If other people are on board, good for them.

56 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Oh well. Is there any other thing where I might see Gameplay? Maybe Microsoft I guess?

I imagine Dragon Age gameplay won't be a thing until next year at the earliest. My friend was doing QA for Anthem, and apparently they haven't even really begun doing things.

43 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I imagine Dragon Age gameplay won't be a thing until next year at the earliest. My friend was doing QA for Anthem, and apparently they haven't even really begun doing things.

Haven't started QA for Anthem? That explains some things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DanishmadePunk said:

EA Access on ps4 though

This will be good for me as I've already got it on Xbox, may be able to play some games with the mountain of people on here that are on PlayStation.

4 hours ago, Regia said:

This will be good for me as I've already got it on Xbox, may be able to play some games with the mountain of people on here that are on PlayStation.

Bear in mind that you'll have to pay again. Xbox One subscriptions aren't compatible with PS4 ones.

13 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Without wishing to be a miserable git, that Star Wars footage doesn't excite me much. It looked a bit stilted and unoriginal. I understand why you'd be hyped if you've been desperate for a single-player Star Wars game for years, but I do feel that it wouldn't be making any waves without the Star Wars licence.

I feel the same but I am not the target audience as I don't particularly care about Star Wars.