Games you've attended

VerbalPuke

I don’t mention it much because I’m not a ‘we’ kind of fan. But I support Liverpool. I’ve been to about 10 games, they’ve won ever one. My dad (an Arsenal fan) used to take me when he could get tickets (back when you had to write off with a cheque) we went to Highbury and saw Liverpool win 2-1, me being an under 10 Liverpool fan in the home end got him some looks.

Saw a few Liverpool victories at Anfield too. But my memory was in the sixth row of the Kop, to the right of the goal... I remember the game, but mainly remember going back to my Uncles and watching match of the day (I was a full kit wanker at 9) to hear it ‘Barnes... Rush... Barnes... Collymore!’

Yes, I was lucky enough to be in attendance of the third best sporting event of all time (second is England winning the World Cup, first is Liverpool’s 5th Champions League, aka the best football match in history)

i also went to an incredible MK Lightning hockey match where nearly everyone was boxed or sent off, was stupid.

Oh, it’s strange that I forget this , but I also watched Jonnie Peacock confirm himself as an incredible athlete at the Para Athletics in 2017 when he won gold.

I went to a Mets game during that whole John Rocker controversy a long time ago. The Mets were down going into the 9th and the Braves brought out Rocker to close out the game. He ended up blowing the save and it was such an incredible experience surrounded by strangers high fiving and jumping for joy. One of my favorite experiences of all time. 

• Like 1

A few years ago I loaded all of the baseball games I'd gone to on the MLB Ballpark app which is pretty cool.  I'd need to look at it, but I've seen my share of Mets pitching gems:

2003:  Steve Trachsel one-hitter vs. the Rockies.  In classic Mets fashion, the only hit surrendered was to the pitcher.
2012:  R.A. Dickey complete game shutout vs. the Cardinals, the day after Johan Santana threw the first no-hitter in team history.
2013:  Matt Harvey throws 6.2 perfect innings vs. White Sox.  Ends up throwing 9 scoreless innings with 1 hit allowed but again in classic Mets fashion, he didn't get credited with the win as the Mets couldn't score...though they did walk it off in the 10th.

Speaking of which, I've seen my share of walk off wins but never a walk off HR.

I've been to way too many Buccaneers and Lightning games to remember them all, but I know for a fact that I've seen Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Brett Favre, Steve Young, and Jerry Rice live and Brett Hull, Mark Messier, Wayne Gretsky, Steve Yzserman, Sidney Crosby, and Jeremy Rrooenick live.

I did see Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals and see The Lightning win the Cup

I also saw Matt Garza throw a no-hitter for the Rays

• 3 weeks later...

Aussie Rules: I was at Doug Hawkins 350th, and final game at Princes Park.. Not a great deal, to anyone, except he'd played 329 games, and Fitzroy acquired him.. 

I was also at the MCG, when Matthew "C U next Tuesday" Richardson celebrated the Death of Fitzroy, after Richmond had already smashed us.

Cricket:

Saw a kid from New South Wales play a wonderful innings at the MCG (68 on debut), and thought in 10 years this kid is going to be a superstar? He died 7 years later. That "kid" was Phil Hughes.

I've been to four Lions games. Two at the Silverdome and two at Ford Field.  1-1 at each stadium. My first was in 94 and I was able to see Barry Sanders kick ass. We beat the Bears 20-16, it was a fun game. The Ford Field game was actually the first win after the 0-16 season so that was also fun.

Been to a few Tigers and Pistons games. Probably the best was the Pistons home opener after we won the title in 04 (Sheed presented the team with big gold belts (the NWA/WCW one). 

On 06/09/2019 at 18:14, VerbalPuke said:

Been to a few Tigers and Pistons games. Probably the best was the Pistons home opener after we won the title in 04 (Sheed presented the team with big gold belts (the NWA/WCW one). 

Besides playoff games, home openers have got to be best games to attend in basketball. I had a streak going for a while of going to every Jazz home opener and nothing could top those games.

On 17/08/2019 at 15:20, Liam Mk2 said:

There are a few games that really stick out in my mind as the best I’ve attended. All Arsenal, of course. 

First, the win at Highbury against Everton in 1998 when we sealed the league title. I will never forget seeing Tony Adams burst through, scoring that goal and standing with his arms out in front of us in the North Bank. 

Another would be when we beat Leicester on the final day of the 2003/04 season when we completed the league season unbeaten. 

What did you do with your season ticket when you moved to the states? :shifty: