The January Transfer Window - 2020

Lineker

11 minutes ago, Baddar said:

He's averaged a little more than one every 3 games for Sociedad which is alright, but if Spurs are paying anywhere near his €70m release clause, they're paying too much. 

Can't remember source but supposedly Spurs offered €25M, they want €50M. I think if they go past €35M they're silly.

I heard we wouldn't pay 30 for Piatek, so it'd be weird to pay 35 for Willian Jose. 

That said, it's abundantly clear Mourinho's playing style (if you can identify one at Spurs yet) is based around having a proper no.9, who can hold the ball up, is good in the air etc - and with Kane out, we probably need to back him and go and buy someone. Sadly, Jan is never the time to do that - so eh, let's see. 

1 minute ago, Baddar said:

He's averaged a little more than one every 3 games for Sociedad which is alright, but if Spurs are paying anywhere near his €70m release clause, they're paying too much. 

Rumours in Spain say they asked more than 50.

Anywyay, Willian José was scoring enough for Real before the manager change last season. With the new manager he's on a time share with the backup. It's not like he's scored those goals in 20 full games. He rarely plays 90 minutes and that's why he wanted out (it's not like he's going to get that with Mourinho anyway). He's tall and strong and that helps him hold possession, wait for his teammates and get them chances. I think their fans liked him.

Having said that, I think that is way too much for him and they'll be happy if they get 40M after paying 6M for him.

I'm sure they could find someone better for 30M.

54 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

United have reportedly pulled the plug on a potential deal for Bruno Fernandes. 

My guess is because they have an alternative lined up...

That or they were fucking about and insisting on apparent clauses such as winning the Champions League and Fernandes winning the Balon D'or

5 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

United have reportedly pulled the plug on a potential deal for Bruno Fernandes. 

My guess is because they have an alternative lined up...

After years of paying over the odds for shit players, this is where we draw the line? This friggin' club.

13 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

That or they were fucking about and insisting on apparent clauses such as winning the Champions League and Fernandes winning the Balon D'or

The ol' CM/FM trick where you offer them £50m for 50 international caps, but you're also his national team boss.

• Like 4