World of Warcraft

Your Mom

I got the Horseman's Helm yesterday afternoon. It dropped on the second or third try, and the rest of the time Ring of Ghoulish Delight and Witches Band dropped. Drop my fucking Squashling so I can get the Hallowed title, fucker.

Grats on the helmet. What race is your character?

Maybe if you're lucky, the sword will drop. I want it but may not roll on it (I can use swords, but I mostly use axes and daggers, sometimes a polearm). Definitely want the mount, but the odds of it dropping are astronomical.

I saw the sword drop doing it today, the protadin got it - which I'm fine with, since I intend to never ever roll Prot. Well, maybe. But even still if I do I'll just get better gear when Wrath comes.

Also, I got the Squashling ninja'd. :( We had a group composed of a prot paladin, a rogue, priest and a hunter. The protadin was the group leader, but he passed it over to the Rogue when he AFKed for a second so the rogue could invite a priest. Everyone finally gets to SM and somewhere along the line the rogue must've changed looting to FFA because on the first kill a Witches Band and the Squashling drops and everyone's going "WTF? No rolls? Why is loot on FFA?" then it comes with "<rogue> receives: Sinister Squashling." Not even two minutes later he mysteriously disconnects and we four-manned the other summons.

Had we rolled on it (and had I won it) I would've been 2 achievements away from The Hallowed title.

Edited by El Hijo Del Sousa Jr.

Yeah, I read that the other day on WoW Insider. I'm gonna keep ToTing and keep doing HH daily to raise my chances.

Also, pre-WOTLK world event has started. If you loot a "Conspicuous Crate" you get hit by a disease called "You're Infected!" that ticks down from 10 minutes to none and when it hits zero you turn into a zombie. Player zombies are hostile to all factions and friendly with other player zombies, regardless of what faction they're a part of - cross-faction communication! Kinda.

It's a fun event, and surely there's more to come before Wrath's release.

EDIT: Also, Blizz does nothing about ninja looters, right? I keep getting people asking why I didn't report that ninja but I've reported ninjas before and got no response from Blizzard.

Edited by El Hijo Del Sousa Jr.

Yeah. They don't do anything about ninjas, unfortunately. Best thing you can do is remember what guild the ninja is in, if any, report him to someone in it and hope the ninja's not the leader an officer and if not that the leader isn't an asshat. (No guild, just grief the sob if you ever get the chance)

My problem with the zombie thing is that if a zombie attacks someone, whether that person fights back or not, it apparently flags the player for pvp. Sucks when you're sitting in SM or some other zone where you're going to be with the opposition around and it happens, and I bet people are exploiting it bigtime when they can (zombie has its non-zombie friends hidden nearby, attacks an opposition player, then lets his friends attack).

Yesterday I was in SM looking for a HH group when an Alliance Warlock went zombie and attacked me, and some chickenshit Horde spellcaster (think it was a Shammy) took advantage and tried to kill me. He would zap then use the key to run into one of the locked areas then come back out, fire off another attack, run back inside, etc. Fortunately he didn't kill me, but he did get me down to about 15 to 20% - some other Alliance player had the key and opened the door and he got gang-ganked by about 6 Alliance players.

The Squashling and Hallowed Helm can both turn up from random ToTing or in the present you get from the matron after turning in the holy symbol the HH's spirit drops. I got the Squashling from ToTing and the Hallowed Helm from a present after I already got both from the HH.

My Hunter has the Horseman's Helm as a trophy now; dropped yesterday and the only plate wearer in the group didn't want it, so I asked if anyone else did and looted it. I'm just doing the HH hoping for another shot at the sword or for the mount to drop.

*edit* Today's runs:

The mount dropped on the 4th fight. Everyone rolled and I came in third. A female NE Priest won it with a roll of 76. Warrior got the helm on the last fight. Horseman just dropped rings most of the fights. Pretty sure someone got a squashling, but I don't remember which fight it happened during.

Edited by GhostMachine

Horseman should stop being a gay and dropping so many useless rings. :angry:

I have everything he drops except the sword and the squashling. >_> That's how many times those fuckin' rings drop.

EDIT: Baw, Ret nerfs on PTR. It's not exactly "TO THE GROUND!!" but baw anyway. Divine Storm does physical damage (but the healing done is raised to 25% from 20%), Seals were nerfed, Hammer of Wrath was nerfed back down to useable on enemies below 20% health (shitty imo, we got it buffed all of a patch.. does this mean no more hammer of GIBBED ENEMY for me? :( ) and some other changes. They're not exactly gamebreaking, but I would have liked for my class to have been "OP" for more than just one patch. :(

EDIT 2: Actually, disregard the stuff about "one patch". These are beta changes, not PTR. My bad. They'll probably go live when WOTLK does.

Edited by Cloudine The Prostitute

Horseman should stop being a gay and dropping so many useless rings. :angry:

I have everything he drops except the sword and the squashling. >_> That's how many times those fuckin' rings drop.

EDIT: Baw, Ret nerfs on PTR. It's not exactly "TO THE GROUND!!" but baw anyway. Divine Storm does physical damage (but the healing done is raised to 25% from 20%), Seals were nerfed, Hammer of Wrath was nerfed back down to useable on enemies below 20% health (shitty imo, we got it buffed all of a patch.. does this mean no more hammer of GIBBED ENEMY for me? :( ) and some other changes. They're not exactly gamebreaking, but I would have liked for my class to have been "OP" for more than just one patch. :(

EDIT 2: Actually, disregard the stuff about "one patch". These are beta changes, not PTR. My bad. They'll probably go live when WOTLK does.

You have the mount, then? grats!

Latest HH update: 5 more runs, and he dropped the broom once, rings the other 4 kills. Broom was on the second kill, I think.

And they seem to have removed the lame zombie attack flagging you for pvp bull.

If you really want a Squashling, if it doesn't drop from the Horseman, you can keep Trick or Treating every hour, and there is the chance it will be in a Trick Bag. That is how I managed to get one, though not on the character I wanted it on. <_<

That's how I got mine, too

I want the mount, though, and that helm would be nice - got all the rings, which are my first purples and I don't especially care about the sword but I've seen two folks with the mount. Is it 60% or 280% flight speed? If the latter, I can spend my money on something else instead :wub:

If you really want a Squashling, if it doesn't drop from the Horseman, you can keep Trick or Treating every hour, and there is the chance it will be in a Trick Bag. That is how I managed to get one, though not on the character I wanted it on. <_<

That's how I got mine, too

I want the mount, though, and that helm would be nice - got all the rings, which are my first purples and I don't especially care about the sword but I've seen two folks with the mount. Is it 60% or 280% flight speed? If the latter, I can spend my money on something else instead :wub:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/Ghos.../WoWHHMount.jpg (Y) (Yes, the mount has a greenish glow coming off it; I took that picture last night, so that's not a zombie infection glow - the glow isn't noticable when you're actually moving)

I lost out on it the first time it dropped, which I already mentioned before, but it dropped again while I was doing some Horseman fights Sunday, and I won this time. :) (I'm probably not going to go do any more Horseman fights; I could use the sword, which is the only drop I don't have, but I'm using a pretty wicked quest reward polearm at the moment that I'm considering slapping a Fiery Weapon enchant onto (I don't melee enough to drop the cash for Crusader or Unholy).

The Horseman's mount's speed and abilities are based on your riding skill. It will fly in Outland (ie, ride through the air just like it does with the Horseman's spirit) if you are lvl 70 and have the appropriate riding training. So I won't have to buy a flying mount, or even an epic flying mount, if I don't want to, and will just have to pay for the riding training. But I would like to get a Onyx Netherwing Drake or the rare as hell drop only Phoenix.

All I've been getting from the bags lately is costumes. :( Ninja, Ghost, etc. I ran HH the other night and the Squashling dropped - everyone but me and the resto druid had it, so we rolled need and I lost to her, 54 to 20.

All I've been getting from the bags lately is costumes. :( Ninja, Ghost, etc. I ran HH the other night and the Squashling dropped - everyone but me and the resto druid had it, so we rolled need and I lost to her, 54 to 20.

That sucks. Keep plugging away; I'm pulling for you to get it. :)

As of last night, I just need to finish off the Outland trick or treats (I need to hit Evergrove and the Aldor Inn to get it done) and G.N.E.R.D.S. Rage to finish off the Hallows End achievements, since they're going to remove the 20 masks one in the next patch (its impossible to finish it, because four of the listed masks don't exist, and you'd have to be lucky as hell to get the 16 that do). I could have finished, or at least come close to finishing off, G.N.E.R.D.S. rage last night, because I did an Alterac Valley, but forgot to eat any. I did, however, get the Grim Reaper PvP achievement (30 kills in one battleground - I had 35 or 36 total when it was over), and I had already gotten 14 kills toward the achievement by defending Southshore some early on in the Hallows End event.

The only Headless Horseman drop I don't have is the sword, but I've decided not to do any more Horseman runs. I'm using a quest reward polearm (Mana Tombs quest) with fiery weapon slapped on it, and it gets the job done. (Its the weapon in the picture I posted a link to in my last post, but I didn't get fiery on it until after I took that screenshot)

"Sorry tried to do it with a ret paly earlier in healing gear and it failed."

I was trying to find a Horseman group and I offered to heal one and that's the reply I got. Just what. What. Really? I've four-manned Horseman healing it in my ret gear and nobody died, no summon got wasted, nobody dipped under 70% health. How bad do you have to be to fail healing HH even in healing gear while offspec?

"Sorry tried to do it with a ret paly earlier in healing gear and it failed."

I was trying to find a Horseman group and I offered to heal one and that's the reply I got. Just what. What. Really? I've four-manned Horseman healing it in my ret gear and nobody died, no summon got wasted, nobody dipped under 70% health. How bad do you have to be to fail healing HH even in healing gear while offspec?

Either the Pally wasn't doing a good job of healing or the tank was incompetent. True, I'd rather have a ret paladin tanking than healing.....

I've done the Horseman fight in all sorts of groups, including one with no warrior that had a paladin and rogue doing the tanking, and the only times we've failed have been due to someone screwing up the entire thing by summoning the Horseman when we weren't ready (like one dumbass mage who summoned while the only healer in the group was afk) or people actually not being ready when they say they are and someone summoning the Horseman (had that happen to me once; everyone said they were ready, I summoned, and the 2 tanks just stood there like morons while the Horseman almost killed me, forcing me to feign death, thereby losing aggro and the Horseman disappearing since no one had aggro. My solution? When I summon, I run straight to the main tank instead of a few feet from them). Hell, I've even done a couple Horseman fights with a Shaman as the only healer.

Edited by GhostMachine

I've gone from about 23 to 46 in roughly 34-ish hours playing, hopefully get to 55 by release day for a Death Knight :P

Truthfully, I think there are going to be way too many DKs once WoTLK goes live. I do plan on making one myself (I'm leaning toward an Unholy spec, though Blood is supposed to be the best for levelling; I played around with the talent calculator and don't seem too impressed by Frost at all - I did 3 different builds and only spent about 5 pts in Frost in two them and 10 pts in the other) but probably won't do much with it beyond the initial quests that get you ready to leave the starting zone. I'm trying to decide which race to make him, but am leaning toward Dwarf (the only Alliance race I don't have a character of) or Draenei. (I would go Gnome just for kicks, but I already have two Gnome characters - my Rogue and Warlock) If I had a high enough Horde to make one, he'd be Blood Elf or Troll. I think there will be waaaay too many Undead DKs.

Did a freakin' awesome heroic BM (daily on my server) earlier today. We started around 6:20am and at 6:45 we get the notification that servers are going down for a 3 hour maintenance. Shrug, whatever. We kept on plugging away, trying to get the daily done. We got up to Aeonus with 2 min 45 sec left before the servers went down and finished him off with 30 seconds to go. It was a really awesome moment, though. Cutting it so close like that and looting Aeonus' corpse with less than 30 seconds until servers went down.

Did heroic MGT before that and got the Shard of Contempt, one of my friends (a recently dinged 70 ret pally) got the Warboots off Kael - we bothed rolled 38 on it and he got it, internal roll I guess - and he decided he didn't want them since he has the leather boots from the same fight, so he put in a ticket to get them to me. Hopefully I'll get them - even though they're fairly shit for a ret paladin, they're an upgrade from freakin' spell damage boots. If I get them I'm just gonna throw three of my 8 str gems in the gem slots, since I have a bunch of gems laying around in my bank.

All in all, productive little night. Did two heroics, got some good loot, and I recouped the money lost from buying mats for my new Cloak Of Darkness the other night.

Too bad none of it will matter in 13 days.

I've gone from about 23 to 46 in roughly 34-ish hours playing, hopefully get to 55 by release day for a Death Knight :P

Truthfully, I think there are going to be way too many DKs once WoTLK goes live. I do plan on making one myself (I'm leaning toward an Unholy spec, though Blood is supposed to be the best for levelling; I played around with the talent calculator and don't seem too impressed by Frost at all - I did 3 different builds and only spent about 5 pts in Frost in two them and 10 pts in the other) but probably won't do much with it beyond the initial quests that get you ready to leave the starting zone. I'm trying to decide which race to make him, but am leaning toward Dwarf (the only Alliance race I don't have a character of) or Draenei. (I would go Gnome just for kicks, but I already have two Gnome characters - my Rogue and Warlock) If I had a high enough Horde to make one, he'd be Blood Elf or Troll. I think there will be waaaay too many Undead DKs.

I doubt I'll make a DK straight away as the game is gonna be flooded with em, but I just wanna be ready :)

As a follow up on my previous post, I'm currently sitting at level 65, with the release the thursday after next, I'm estatic that I'm going to ding 70 before WotLK, I wasn't 60 when TBC hit stores, so I didn't really got in to the 'race' to 70.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xm...w&n=Mahukaj

Also,

gg_03_new.jpg

Edited by M.V.P.