The Comic Book Thread (spoilers)

Your Mom

Something I've always wondered about that someone might have an answer for. Why is The Joker such a good fighter? A lot of times he holds his own with Batman. Falling in a tank of chemicals doesn't explain him being able to fight one of the best fighters in the world.

I don't know about official reasons but I'd suggest a combination of him having a lack of inhibitions and him being crazy, thus unpredictable.

He has no regards for his own safety so he just goes for it and doesn't ever hesitate. Batman can never know what he'll do next since he doesn't use any particular fighting style, its hard to defend yourself against someone who just 'acts.'

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but that's how I'd interpret it.

The Joker being a good fighter is something fairly new. He's fairly strong due to being insane, but would usually get his ass kicked in a fight with Batman.....

How new is fairly new? Cause he kicked Terry's ass all the way back to the Batman Beyond movie.

His part of the Thor annual was okay, I guess. It's not something I was desperate to run out and read more of. I'll check it out because Mrs. TKz picks up every Guardians related comic, but I doubt I'd check it out otherwise.

I'm glad they didn't give him Punisher like he's fucking desperate for. There's something about Punk that just screams to me that a Punisher written by him would be the most try hard edgy thing ever.

• Like 1

Joker is the Ric Flair of comics. He holds his own by kicking you in the balls and using brass knuckles.

I know want a storyline where crazy old man Ric Flair does something completely nonsensical, like try to get a copyright on the alphabet just for his own amusement.

My Age of Ultron ticket preorder came with a voucher for a digital comic bundle featuring:

Superior Iron Man #1
Black Widow #1
Captain America #1
Thor God of Thunder #1
Hawkeye #1
Hulk #1
Avengers Origins: Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #1

I'm a dirty pirate and already have a few of these, so who wants?

I don't know about official reasons but I'd suggest a combination of him having a lack of inhibitions and him being crazy, thus unpredictable.

He has no regards for his own safety so he just goes for it and doesn't ever hesitate. Batman can never know what he'll do next since he doesn't use any particular fighting style, its hard to defend yourself against someone who just 'acts.'

I'm probably talking out of my ass, but that's how I'd interpret it.

This. Batman holds back, Joker doesn't, and, on top of that, doesn't have any sort of 'fighting style', he just does whatever.

He's similar to Ramsey Snow/Bolton from ASOIAF, in that he's dangerous because he ISN'T trained, making him harder for a trained fighter to fight than someone with an actual style.

My Age of Ultron ticket preorder came with a voucher for a digital comic bundle featuring:

Superior Iron Man #1

Black Widow #1

Captain America #1

Thor God of Thunder #1

Hawkeye #1

Hulk #1

Avengers Origins: Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver #1

I'm a dirty pirate and already have a few of these, so who wants?

I do please! I have none of those :(

I've been reading Sandman but I have a question. Why does it disconnect from the DC universe? In the start Dr.Destiny, Batman, Constantine and Wesley Dodds appear but in a later book there is a part when generic, recolored stand-ins for Superman and Bizarro are used instead of the real things.

I've been reading Sandman but I have a question. Why does it disconnect from the DC universe? In the start Dr.Destiny, Batman, Constantine and Wesley Dodds appear but in a later book there is a part when generic, recolored stand-ins for Superman and Bizarro are used instead of the real things.

It was do with a change of how DC operated with the Vertigo imprint, basically. Initially Vertigo wasn't all that established, and Neil Gaiman wanted to make it clear that no matter how odd this series might get, it's still rooted in the DC Universe, and did that by including the likes of Batman, and visiting the Justice League and so on. In addition, Morpheus popped up in an issue of Hellblazer, and there was some Swamp Thing crossover too.

As Vertigo moved away from just being a place for the weirder DC characters to be rebooted and became more of a brand in its own right, there was a lot less crossover between titles, and barely any crossover between Vertigo and the "main" DC universe. I'm not sure why'd they'd have just used generic stand-ins for DC characters, though - it's been so long since I read it that I can't think of the specific instance you're referring to, there might have been a reason in that case that I'm forgetting - as it can't have been a rights issue.

• Like 1

It's in Wanda's nightmare. "Bizarro" was forcing her into getting the operation when she was afraid of it.

So, Secret Wars....I want to try and stay on top of everything...Last Days, Battleworld, Warzone? Anyone have a list of what has been released so far?

Seems that way. Well 0 came out on FCBD too. They haven't released a PDF with all the tie-ins yet?