What music are you listening to?

Benji

Now that the Rolling Stones have been announced as another one of the brilliant headliners for Roskilde Festival, maybe I should get around to listen to some other album than Sticky Fingers. Anybody have any recommendations, outside of Let It Bleed and Exile On Main St.? I am not at all familiar with their album discography, I only know the hits and the before-mentioned album.

I love Exile On Main Street. Opinion is quite polarised on it, so you might not. But I love the atmosphere.

Aftermath is a really good album from their pop phase. From what I know of you, I think you'd really like Their Satanic Majesties - lots of weird droning and stuff. The debut is fun. Get the London Singles Collection - all the singles and b-sides up to 1970 or so. But all their albums are good up to 1972. Patchy afterwards, but there's a bit of decent stuff here and there.

Get Yer Ya Yas out is possibly my favourite live album ever. Brussels Affair is a high quality bootleg that's really good too.

Beggars Banquet is good. It marks the turning point from pop/blues to their signature sound.

• Like 1

Well then, of course Their Satanic Majesties sounds really intriguing; especially if it is more experimental and psychedelic.

I am currently on my second listen to Let It Bleed, a record I never realised opened with my favorite known Stones track "Gimme Shelter". God, that track gives me chills every time. I adore the chorus duet, the hushed guitar opening, the lyrics, so amazing. The album as whole though, did not sit as well with me as Sticky Fingers, though. But thanks, Andy! I will check all those out and hopefully have a grand old time.

Now that the Rolling Stones have been announced as another one of the brilliant headliners for Roskilde Festival, maybe I should get around to listen to some other album than Sticky Fingers. Anybody have any recommendations, outside of Let It Bleed and Exile On Main St.? I am not at all familiar with their album discography, I only know the hits and the before-mentioned album.

Adding to what's been said, Some Girls is from 78 and very good but they probably won't play any of it live except maybe Beast of Burden.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man Toadies. I discovered that album about a year ago and thought it was great. Nothing earth shattering, just a fun 40mins of post-grunge to listen to in the sunshine and whilst driving.

I really wish that the Frank Ocean, Diplo and The Clash collab for the Converse "Three artists, one song" thing wasn't so short because it's really really good!

• Like 1

I find I can't listen to a song all the way through anymore, other than the rare song that catches me. Probably because I generally like certain parts of song more than the whole song.

My playlist includes:

Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Piece Of Heaven is my fave AS song, but I also listen to Scream, Bat Country, Almost Easy & Seize The Day.

Nickelback (Yes I know everyone hates them online now, but I like them) - If Today Was Your Last Day, This Is How You Remind Me & Photograph

Linkin Park (Wierdly my sister got me into them) - One Step Closer, Numb (I like the version they did with someone, maybe Jay Z?) & In The End

I have lots of Three Days Grace songs that I used to listen to alot more than I do now, Lots of Meat Loaf songs (Who I went to see live last year in Newcastle :D).

Other noticable people/bands include:

Alic In Chains, Motorhead, Hollywood Undead, Coldplay & Thousand Foot Krutch.