What music are you listening to?

Benji

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Warriors soundtrack. I don't know if this is my favorite song from the movie because the original stuff from Barry De Vorzon (the opening theme, music from the Baseball Furies chase for example) is fucking top notch. That said, this is a really catchy fucking jam, it's by Genya Raven which is pretty neat since she produced some shit for the Dead Boys and GG Allin (his very early days, when he was basically doing the power pop thing).

• Like 1

Omar Souleyman. Syrian gangsta bedouin, revered by both western hipsters and syrian wedding planners alike. And he is playing Roskilde Festival this year. Not only does he make catchy music but there are some hilarious music videos accompanying said catchy tunes as well. His latest album, Wenu Wenu, is basically reggaeton from Syria, I love it.

Today has been dedicated to exploring more of the Roskilde Festival line-up.

Chorus Grant, Danish singer-songwriter, did not sit with me much. His brand of withheld guitar indie folk mixed with some electric nuances ended up quite boring. Not that it was bad, his newest album Space is a good production, it was just was not for me. Arto Lindsay, of DNA and Ambitious Lovers fame, though, has me much more interested; namely because of the Ambitious Lovers album Envy and the opener to Greed, "Copy Me". So now he is definitely on my list of acts to see. He is booked twice even, once with his solo material and also as a collaboration act with Norwegian drummer Paal Nielsen-Love. I might catch both of them if there is time.

Taking a bit of break now, though, with the Boiler Room Tel Aviv live recording of Buttering Trio. You guys should watch it, it is pretty cool.

Yeah. The reviews have been so-so, but I'm obsessed with it. That John Grant track is so amazing. It is rare a dance track can be so emotionally heavy.