What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Although not thematically linked at all, the rawness reminded me of Gimme The Loot, which is well worth a watch for anyone that hasn't seen it. Also, why was there ever any fuss about Jordan play Human Torch? He'll kill it.

He's amazing in there. It was such a suprise to see my favorite character from The Wire Season 1 in Fruitvale Station!

I'm on my Wire marathon at the moment and I didn't realise it was Jordan until the episode he got shot. :(

• Like 1

I watched Stir Crazy, The Running Man, and Bad News Bears (original version) back to back to back last night.

I used to own Stir Crazy, so I've always thought it was a very funny movie. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor were a great pairing, so I may have to watch Hear No Evil, See No Evil sometime soon.

I have actually never seen the Running Man until last night. It was good, combining a dystopian story with the typical Arnold action flick was right up my alley. Also of note, the guy that plays Groesberger in Stir Crazy also happens to be Dynamo in this movie. Oh and Dweezil Zappa is in it somewhere as well.

And the Bad News Bears, that's a fun one. I haven't seen the new version, but I really have no desire. I can't imagine I would enjoy this movie without Mathau's blue collar charm.