Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even have the game in my possession right now. (H) Friend of a friend borrowed it. None of the discs worked, but he claims to have gotten them to work so eh. Whatever.

The only summon I ever really tended to use was Odin in Final Fantasy VII, but that's because he had SUCH a badass animation.

Don't you kinda have to use him after you get him though? >_>

And in VIII, I use them for elemental attacks, and I also abuse Bahamut and Eden.

The fact that you don't abuse Doomtrain for power-leveling means that you lose.

Good day sir.

Pffft, the only true way to power-level is the fixed elnoyle encounter in Esthar disc 3. Make sure someone has LVL UP and everyone has ST-ATK Death 100. Every fight will give about 1500 exp. Simple, simple.

Pffft again! The only real way to powerlevel is to take a yellow-health Quistis to the Island Closest To Hell and have her use Degenerator on all the enemies. I got Squall, Quistis, and Rinoa to level ~75 each, from the lower 40s by doing that.

Also, I love Doomtrain, but I forgot to get him in my last playthrough. I had six Remedy+'s, and the other six of the item that's not the Malboro Tentacles. (I think it's steel pipes, I'm not sure.)

Edited by TenaciousG

I don't know, it's been roughly six to seven years since I touched FFVII.

I made a mistake then, thought you said VIII. Once you get Odin in VIII, he's a random entite. But I agree, VII's Odin attack was bitching.

I don't tend to use Summon's at all, never really have. GFs can be quite handy for a temporary shield, and busting out Yojimbo or Anima in X was always fun, but other than that, it's always been something I'll watch once and think "cool", then never see again.

The only summon I ever really tended to use was Odin in Final Fantasy VII, but that's because he had SUCH a badass animation.

Don't you kinda have to use him after you get him though? >_>

And in VIII, I use them for elemental attacks, and I also abuse Bahamut and Eden.

The fact that you don't abuse Doomtrain for power-leveling means that you lose.

Good day sir.

Pffft, the only true way to power-level is the fixed elnoyle encounter in Esthar disc 3. Make sure someone has LVL UP and everyone has ST-ATK Death 100. Every fight will give about 1500 exp. Simple, simple.

Pffft again! The only real way to powerlevel is to take a yellow-health Quistis to the Island Closest To Hell and have her use Degenerator on all the enemies. I got Squall, Quistis, and Rinoa to level ~75 each, from the lower 40s by doing that.

Also, I love Doomtrain, but I forgot to get him in my last playthrough. I had six Remedy+'s, and the other six of the item that's not the Malboro Tentacles. (I think it's steel pipes, I'm not sure.)

that's actually an ace idea for power-levelling. Hell, take Quistis with as little health as possible and just do Lvl?Death, seeing as at about 10% health it'll do Lvl2 Death. Hmmm... The only trouble I see is getting all 6 up to 100 would take forever as you'd only be able to take Squall, Quistis and one extra.

That's always bugged me about FFs (especially in VIII when it's fixed 100exp to the next level), you can never get rid of the primary character, and are forced to keep them in the party. I mean, I'm just outside disc 4 on VIII, and Squall is around level 70 whilst everyone else is dragging behind in the mid 30s. Very, very annoying. And yes, it's Remedy+, Steel Pipes and Marlboro Somethings (I don't think it is Tentacles in VIII, but something different). Then use the Solomon Ring found at Tear's Point.

On that note, where do you find Marlboro's in VIII? I want doomtrain now, dammit, and I haven't got 36 Marlboro Cards handy to mod them into it. >_>

1000 experience you mean :P And I believe in IX you can remove Zidane from your party, and of course in X and XII you can remove Tidus and Vaan. As for the Marlboro, it is Tentacles, but no idea where you can find them. Sorry. I think, think it might be near Esthar or however the place is spelt.

Also, the first time I beat FF VIII, Selphie was level 13 <_<

1000 experience you mean :P And I believe in IX you can remove Zidane from your party, and of course in X and XII you can remove Tidus and Vaan. As for the Marlboro, it is Tentacles, but no idea where you can find them. Sorry. I think, think it might be near Esthar or however the place is spelt.

Nope. But why would you want to/ :w00t: The rule of main character staying in the team isn't as annoying when you're allowed four to a party, but it's still silly, thankfully X onwards remedy it <3

Nope. But why would you want to/ :w00t: The rule of main character staying in the team isn't as annoying when you're allowed four to a party, but it's still silly, thankfully X onwards remedy it <3

Really? I could have sworn I was able to remove him from the party in the last area....but exactly, Zidane is the awesome!

Zidane's okay, but Steiner and Vivi is where the money is. IIRC, you CAN remove Zidane on the Hill of Despair, but that's the only time.

I was always partial to Amarant too. The parties I always used in IX were Zidane, Amarant, Steiner and Vivi or Zidane, Steiner, Vivi, Garnet and variants of.

I think all this proves is that FFIX has the best characters and anyone who says otherwise is a liar, a scoundrel or is Ollie :shifty: FFIX really does have the best characterisation though, every character (even Quina) goes through a real change in themselves throughout the story, still comes out the same in attitude but not in outlook, if that makes sense, FFVIII kind of does it but never really finishes the job and is more about story advancement than character advancement.

Can anyone give me a rundown of FFXII? I've heard nothing but good.

I know I'm late to the PS2, but that's what having a 360 and then FINALLY finding Fire Pro Wrestling Returns does to you. I know I'm getting Shadow of the Colossus and MGS3, and I'm basically sold on FFXII.

And now that I think about it, was Blitzball in FFX fun? I'm trying to remember, but I can't at all.

Edited by Will Kemp