Queen's Blood (Final Fantasy Thread)

thuganomic

It has full details on Gamefaqs...somewhere.

I can't remember them now. :shifty:

Don't you hate it when you're just about to finish off a piss-easy enemy and suddenly the reels come up? "Argh, fuck off! Let me just hit him once!" :@

No, because I like that it might increase my DMW completion percentage, give me a level up, or level my materia up :P

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLAAK is quite addictive. Belgaria (in no way stolen from David Eddings series) may be on day 59. Holidays happening every 32 days is my plan at the moment. Just built a Tavern so formed my first party of Dominic (Warrior, and the town's local hero), Victoria (Thief, and the town's local heroine), Seth (failed badly as a Warrior, so became a White Mage, still a small failure, but hoping having him involved in the party helps him) and Wyatt (Black Mage, holds his own, but sometimes fails).

Been collecting quite a variety of special medals.

• 2 months later...

So, uh, Final Fantasy, huh?

Through sheer boredom I've fully immersed myself back into FFXII, and I've re-realised my total love for it. It seriously is my favourite FF ever, and in my honest opinion, nothing comes close. I've just got Chaos, meaning I've only got Ultima and Zodiark left to get on the Esper side of things, and then I've only got Behemoth King, Hell Wyrm and Yiazmat to go before I've done everything (I think). I've still got a few ultimate weapons to get too, which I'm currently doing as an aside to my grinding (which really is my only gripe with XII, the storyline and the majority of the quests can be done before level 60, and then the rest of the quests you need to be at least averaging a 75 to do comfortably, meaning there's 15 levels of pretty much useless nothingness, as the majority of high EXP places (Nabudis, Crystal, Nabreus, Cerobbi) are too easy and the rest (Henne Mines) are too hard. :(

I started a new file since my last one was in Memoria. I just got to the first save point but I might kick out an hour or two tonight if I have the time.

My roommate loves the series but has never played IX. So maybe I'll force him to play and I can watch whilst studying.

FF XIII is scheduled for release sometime after April...

They seriously need to stop unveiling games three years before they're even remotely ready. Or stop teasing people with FF7 spin-offs or trailers for rumored remakes that supposedly aren't happening.

Edited by Zero

I can see Square releasing a Final Fantasy VII remake somewhere down the line. They've had no problem turning it into a cash cow for the past couple of years, they know how much fanboys world over would wet themselves at the prospect of FFVII for the PS3/360, despite the fact it would probally lose a lot/most/all of it's charm due to the updated graphics and the inevitable "Updates" to the system that people wouldn't like.

I'm not saying I wouldn't jump the hell out of my seat with joy if they announced it, but it wouldn't be able to come close to the quality of the first one. Speaking of FF7 has got my urge to play it rising, oh how I long to collect materia again. :)

Speaking off, am I the only one in the world that's never beaten Ruby & Emerald? I also think I've only ever had a Gold Chocobo once, which ruined my addiction to racing when instead of my killer Black Chocobo, I tried with my gold one and it was entirley retarded. ¬_¬

But now that I've talked about FF, I also have an urge to play 9 for the first time in about 10 years. AND EIGHT. TOO MANY CHOICES :(

EDIT:

If they re-make any game, it should be Legend of Dragoon. That game was all kinds of awesome and I cry every night knowing it'll cost me about £40 to get a copy of it :( Thank god for emulators I guess.

Edited by Triple TKz

Omega was a pansy. ¬_¬ Even I've beaten him loads.

Though, to be fair, one of the times I ended up getting that move, The End with Selphie's Limit Break, so it wasn't exactly much of a challenge that time.

I've also tried facing the fuck off Monster at the end of FFX (or was it FFX-2?) that you can only fight once you beat all of the Dark Aeons. I've attempted it like 5-6 times but I never win. I think that's mainly because you need to max the fuck out of everything (including Break Health Limit and Damage Limit) and I can't be bothered.

Speaking off, am I the only one in the world that's never beaten Ruby & Emerald? I also think I've only ever had a Gold Chocobo once, which ruined my addiction to racing when instead of my killer Black Chocobo, I tried with my gold one and it was entirley retarded. ¬_¬

But now that I've talked about FF, I also have an urge to play 9 for the first time in about 10 years. AND EIGHT. TOO MANY CHOICES :(

This.

Anyway, as for VI, I'm stuck trying to level up so I won't get massacred by the boss fights in Kefka's Tower; VII, I think I've got a save somewhere around the beginning of the first disc; IX, I've got a save in Pandemonium (right after the You're Not Alone battles), but I'm not so keen on playing it right now; X, I believe, I'm in the Gagazet caves; I think I've got a near-the-end savegame in X-2; I can't get into XII that much still (though I'm determined to play through it before XIII is released); and finally, as for VIII... everyone knows what I'm planning for that... :pervert:

EDIT: But on the topics of Omega Weapon FF8 and Penance... never even attempted fighting them... although Omega is because I know I'll get massacred, and Penance is due to me having the regular version of X. I've beaten the Weapons in VI, Ultimate and Diamond in VII, and Ultima in VIII... that's gotta count for something, right? RIGHT?!?

Edited by TenaciousG

I'm not saying I wouldn't jump the hell out of my seat with joy if they announced it, but it wouldn't be able to come close to the quality of the first one.

It wouldn't be hard to match the quality, in fact I think it would be quite easy to completely overshadow it. The problem would be coming close to the massive amounts of hype and overpraise that's been heaped onto the most overrated game in history.

Edited by Zero

Speaking off, am I the only one in the world that's never beaten Ruby & Emerald?

I remember I went out one night and got very, very drunk, and when I woke up in the morning FFVII was on and Ruby had gone. I have no idea how I beat it, but dammit I did, and I did when I was blitzed off my face. Never beaten Emerald though, the guy is a total cunt.

I played FFIX for a bit last night, Alexandria went bye-bye, Garland was revealed and is wonderful and apprently turning Cid back into a human is way more important that Kuja fucking up shit left, right and center. On the XII front, I'm still grinding, and I've found that the second/third ascent of Pharos is perfect for the level 70s. I'm currently at level 73 with my team of Basch, Fran and Balthier whilst Ashe, Penelo and Vaan are at a very comfrotable level 91. Gonna try and get my B-guys up to 80 today, then I might have a swing at Behemoth King.