Hellfire

General Television Thread

11,606 posts in this topic

I think I'm done with Quantico after this season ends.

16 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

I think I'm done with Quantico after this season ends.

That bad? I watched through Season 1, and I got Season 2 standing there until it finishes/I catch up on other series. Season 1 got a bit too soapy-melodramatic from time to time, but the mystery aspect was strong and kept me hooked.

Reading the synopsis of episode 1 of S2 made me feel they were going into circles a little bit, is that about true, or are there other (non-spoiler) reasons that you'd stop watching?

Oh, they're going in circles with a few things. And there's too much WTF?! going on this season, compared to last. Too confusing. I like the additions of Blair Underwood and Russell Tovey to the show, but not enough to keep watching next season unless the writers really shake things up.  I kind of hope they kill off Shelby before the season is done.

This season they infiltrated the CIA. Next season could be the NSA, I suppose.....

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Oh, they're going in circles with a few things. And there's too much WTF?! going on this season, compared to last. Too confusing. I like the additions of Blair Underwood and Russell Tovey to the show, but not enough to keep watching next season unless the writers really shake things up.  I kind of hope they kill off Shelby before the season is done.

This season they infiltrated the CIA. Next season could be the NSA, I suppose.....

Yeah, the infiltration angle kinda loses its potency after a while >_>

Finally got around to this year's Sherlock. Spoilers for all...

Spoiler

Episode one wasn't so great but I was glad to see Mary go. She was such a painful character and her death serves the show better than her alive.

Episode two was terrific, reminded me of early Sherlock. Really thought this was the best of the bunch by a mile.

Episode three was full of potential but turned out to be an absolute shit show. Just an absolutely awful ending, as if I wasn't already sceptical about the "other sibling" angle. I don't know how they managed to screw the pooch so badly with that ending 

10 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Yeah, the infiltration angle kinda loses its potency after a while >_>

Personally, I'm waiting for them to infiltrate the U.S. Postal Service. Sadly, it won't include a crossover with the Hallmark Channel's Signed, Sealed, Delivered movies. (Yes, I admit I watch those. Shut up.)