The January Transfer Window 2011

Lineker

I think it'd be better for United and Macheda to send him to a Premier League team. Playing games in Italy really won't be comparable to getting Premier League starts in the long run.

I'd like him at Newcastle, infact any new striker not Ameobi to partner Carroll would be good. I doubt Sir Alex would be too keen sending another Italien Striker to St. James' after Rossi only got 11 league games and no goals.

^ Fuck, we've declared interest in Macheda. I'd have him - he could definately fit into the way we play football and kick that piss-poor Fortune off the bench, if we were to get him I would even start him against Wigan and Blackpool this month because Odemwingie is wrecked. I really think plying his trade at a lower-Prem footballing side would work wonders for him, similar to Danny Welbeck at Sunderland.

Arca is an Albion and Wolves Target

I'd love to get Arca. I really think he is a solid player, works really hard - he's always been one of Borough's better players. Nice feet, too. He would also fit in well with us rather than the stop and start Dingle philosophy who pretty much rely on their wingers to get balls in to Ebanks-Blake. I think we should go in for him as he'll be cheap with his contract coming to an end and Di Matteo doesn't seem to know who he wants at Left Back, and extra defensive midfield cover seeing as Scharner will need to play Centre Back for the next few games with OIsson, Tamas and Ibanez all gone, leaving Dorrans and Mulumbu our only two proven holding midfielders (and even then Dorrans isn't a natural defensive midfielder but rather a deep playmaker who likes to run forward) now that Reid seems to be out for a few games.

I'm sure I've seen him play Centre Back for Middlesborough, too, so that will help as Meite is SHIT and you need four decent/good/class centre backs in the Premier League.

Its Middlesbrough, and Arca is far from a decent/good/class centre back. He'd struggle to be described as a decent/good/class anything these days.

Arca yo-yos in and out of form more than any player I've seen, he is in form now but he won't be in a few weeks. If we can get a good offer for him that'd be great.

Sky Sports News says Woodgate is all but officially a Boro player again. I'm happy.

Edited by WalkerWGZ

The Beckham deal seems really strange.

Why would Spurs, a team that relies on pace and counter attacking... sign someone who can't run?

EDIT: And yes, I know it'd sell loads of shirts... but really? Is that worth sacrificing a shot at a Champions League place again?

It could be down to the fact that he's still one of the best passers in football? Or due to the fact he can still get it done at the top level? Or because he can still produce special moments when they're sometimes needed? Or how he could really help some of the younger part of the squad?

Some people just don't seem to get it. Bringing in Beckham on loan like this could and likely will work wonders, whether on or off of the pitch. Harry summed it up in his interview really with how important a player like Beckham could be when in need of something in the last twenty five minutes of a game. Some people seem to be believing he'd start every game, which is never what is intended.

Personally I'd take him all day at United and it's a shame it wont happen. If it goes ahead and he goes to Spurs for the three months, they've done a great job.

I'm seeing this attitude of 'why bring in Beckham? he can't run' a lot online. REALLY? Playing Beckham is going to hamstring our fast attacking game is it? Guess we'd better sell Pav...Huddlestone...Corluka...Daws and Gallas as THEY are never going to beat Lennon or Bale in a foot-race either? Not everyone in our side has to be a speed-merchant.

In addition to the points Johnny made above I've always felt that Beckham is an almost talismanic personality, even to the point where England play better with him sat on the bench than they do when he's not in the squad. He is one of those rare characters who's inclusion in a team makes everyone walk a bit taller and with a bit more belief. When he DOES come off the bench it usually lifts the team, gets the crowd cheering and that can be a valuable tool in itself. If Lennon is on fire then I doubt Beckham will start games, but if Aaron gets injured, or Modric then he could be a valuable replacement in either of their positions.

People seem to think he'll be a passenger in our side, that this will somehow derail our season? I just don't get it? Fact is; if he gets us a point at Man U by just being on the bench, if he wins us 3 points in any league game with one of his trademark set-pieces or if he helps us get through to the next round of the CL then the deal will have been worth it. It isn't like we're taking him on a 5-year deal for £20 million in transfer fees.

Ahh bollocks, does Macheda not realise he'd fair much better in a West Brom side with only one good striking option and a team that gives lots of service to the front man than a side with high-quality players in his position, such as Giampaolo Pazzini? Oh well, there goes his shot a first-team experience - I hope he fares well in a slower league because having been at United for 2 and a half/3 years now, he can't possibly fail when playing at a snails pace in a league where there is a shortage of good teams, but even then, with Pazzini as the attacking starlet, he'll hardly get a sniff at goal anyway.

Ahh bollocks, does Macheda not realise he'd fair much better in a West Brom side with only one good striking option and a team that gives lots of service to the front man than a side with high-quality players in his position, such as Giampaolo Pazzini? Oh well, there goes his shot a first-team experience - I hope he fares well in a slower league because having been at United for 2 and a half/3 years now, he can't possibly fail when playing at a snails pace in a league where there is a shortage of good teams, but even then, with Pazzini as the attacking starlet, he'll hardly get a sniff at goal anyway.

Serie A has picked up majorly since the big scandal stuff. I don't get why some people think they're living in the past and playing at a 'snails' pace as you put it, they don't. And believe me, there's many great/good clubs in Serie A right now, it's running tight in the league too. With Cassano just gone to Milan, Pazzini will be looking for a possible top partner up front. Macheda should quite easily fit in and play quite a lot of first team action. They could form a pretty good partnership which could end up being a big factor in whether they qualify for Europe, even the CL again with the league being tight.

I wouldn't of minded him going to West Brom, but he's still going to have a massive chance to prove himself. Hopefully he does well overall.

Sky believe that Blackburn have made a £6.2m bid for Ronaldiniho

Last night he was rumoured to be going, this morning that was categorically denied... now Venkys have confirmed that they're talking again?

The Venkys make the Chuckle Brothers look like a tight knit, well organised company.

Sky is saying Pool have enquired about Adebayor. What are the Pool supporters' thoughts about Adebayor coming to Anfield? I doubt the move will happen, especially since it seems they'd rather it be a loan move (at least initially). However, I've always thought Ade would be a great choice for Pool to go after. They NEED another striker up top with Torres, I feel. Having a strike partner will not only take some pressure off Torres to come up big every match, but a bigger body like Adebayor will draw away contact from Torres, who we all know does need to take so much shots to his body any more.

Also, the Sidwell deal at West Ham may be off. The medical's been passed, but the deal's not done. Hopefully the Hammers realize they have no need for Sidwell, and will not waste what little money they have, despite Grant wanting him. They don't need to worry about midfielders right now, it's the strikers and back line that needs sorting out. I've always been a fan of Cole, but I don't think he wants to be here anymore. For every goal he scores, he's missing 5 or 6 quality chances. I'd much rather have Piquionne up there with either Obinna or Sears in support. Or, of course, some of the rumored talent we're interested in like Keane or Demba Ba. The back line, well, Lord only knows what Grant is doing there. Our fullbacks are so awful that we do better with 4 center backs, but any time they go up against someone with good pace on the outside, the center back will get torn up on the outside. Investment in some fullbacks is needed; we should've went after Luke Young in the summer when he was on the ousts at Villa. With all the instability at Villa, I'd lodge a bid for Stephen Warnock as well. But, it's West Ham, so I'm sadly not expecting all this.

Having Adebeyor would be all well and good, so long as a) he's motivated to play b) we have a functional midfield that will get the ball to him. Because when Liverpool play to the levels of the Wolves game last week, where there is no visible midfield to get the ball forward and attack, having the greatest strikers in the world means bugger all.

• Admin

Blackburns offer to Ronaldinho is £20m over three years.

He must be a cert to sign. One last big pay cheque and playing in the PL.

Milan say they've had no contact from us at all about it.

Sounds just like a scheme to make it sound like the owners have some form of ambition, before settling for buying Kris Boyd :shifty:

I am interested to see if Wes Brown plays a part against Stoke tonight, he's a good defender and when he was consistently fit he provided great protection for Ronaldo but after the pre-season argument with Sir Alex he's barely played, hope he sticks around I rate him but he would be a good signing for a lot of Premiership sides.

Blackburns offer to Ronaldinho is £20m over three years.

He must be a cert to sign. One last big pay cheque and playing in the PL.

Milan say they've had no contact from us at all about it.

Sounds just like a scheme to make it sound like the owners have some form of ambition, before settling for buying Kris Boyd :shifty:

And fucking Geovenni!