General Movie Thread

Jimmy

Suggest some slasher films for me to watch. Especially stuff that's available on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, YouTube, or Tubi.

Sleepaway Camp is my favorite so far. The worst thing a slasher can do is be boring.

I'm also open to other horror of the cheap thrills variety.

Even by Wes Anderson's standards, that looks fucking weird.

I mean, probably good weird. I tend to either utterly adore his films (for example, Grand Budapest Hotel and Fantastic Mr. Fox are legitimately two of my favourite films ever) or find them utterly tedious (most notably Moonrise Kingdom). We shall see.

And is it me, or has he dialed his favoured use of 'symmetrical 2D camera shots' (or whatever the proper name for them is) all the way up past 11 in this one? :shifty: 

On 17/09/2017 at 03:04, Anjosha Baker said:

Suggest some slasher films for me to watch. Especially stuff that's available on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, YouTube, or Tubi.

Sleepaway Camp is my favorite so far. The worst thing a slasher can do is be boring.

I'm also open to other horror of the cheap thrills variety.

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil. Dunno if it is on Netlix or whathaveyou. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Even I liked this film and I usually have zero interest in this sort of thing.

Same here. I don't really like horror films but this one was really well done. It helps that I like Alan Tudyk.

Have you seen any of the Hammer Studios films? Or Blood Feast? Or The Wizard of Gore? Francis Ford Coppola's Dementia 13? 

Pretty much all of those are on my list. That said, exploitation films like those can sometimes be a bit much for me. For example, I had to turn off Maniac after the first kill. It was as though I was supposed to identify with this very realistic tortured murderer.

14 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

nnngh, I'm going to see it today and have basically heard the same "it's not very good" reaction from all comers. Good thing I don't have to pay.

Looks like GoGo's getting taken on a date!