Sign in to follow this  
RoHitman Reigns

Steam/PC Mega Thread

I've been really getting into Stellaris lately, it's a ton of fun! Especially if you like 4x space strategy games

Finished ME2

Spoiler

Played full-blown Renegade as Commander Commander Shepard would still be a ruthless soldier. Lost nobody in the final mission. Stayed loyal to her lover Liara. Never trusted Cerberus or the Cigarette Smok- I mean Illusive Man, and ended up screwing them over at the end.

Also strip mined basically the entire galaxy because why not.

Playing Shenmue for the first time and holy shit that girl tells a guy whose dad just died to be more cheerful what the fuck girl.

Can I rant about Rimworld for a minute? Been trying the naked brutality scenario lately. First time, using the prepare carefully mod, made a character that had good shooting, cooking, construction, and growing skills. Got an pretty good colony going, up to three people. One died one rescue mission. Oops. Second died after being hunted by a cougar. Got another person to join. He was attacked by a man hunting muffalo. While he was downed, I stupidly tried to draw away the muffalo with my first character but he was downed too. Time to start over.

This time,  I decided to try a cannibal. Had a pretty good start, lots of food, was pretty good defensive wise. Had a second character join who was also a cannibal. She was a great researcher but was also non-violent. Sent my first guy off to do a quick mining job on the far side of the map. And had a wild boar go into man hunter mode, heading right for him. Probably could have ran away, but I thought I could fight him off. I was wrong. My guy went down. The boar went off on his way. Thought I could save him using the non-violent character. She picked him up, was almost to the base, and the boar came back. She couldn't get away and the boar killed her.

Oh well. Going to try the lost tribe this time.

Was looking for a pleasant puzzle or sandbox sort of game (as a change from all my super-cereal strategy or RPG sort of games) and ended up with Gorogoa. It was fun, and very nicely put together. Really short though - I think it took me about an hour in total to finish the game (one of its secret achievements is to do it in under 30 minutes).

When you complete the main game, you unlock the original demo they made in 2012. It's basically the first half of the game again (maybe 40%), with a few differences. I do have to wonder if you had played that demo for free and *then* forked out c.£11 for maybe 30 minutes' extra content, you might feel a little ripped off...! But hey, I liked it.

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Was looking for a pleasant puzzle or sandbox sort of game (as a change from all my super-cereal strategy or RPG sort of games) and ended up with Gorogoa. It was fun, and very nicely put together. Really short though - I think it took me about an hour in total to finish the game (one of its secret achievements is to do it in under 30 minutes).

Poly Bridge is pretty fun if you want a puzzle game. Sometimes it is on sale and only a couple of quid, well worth it.

• Like 1

I've heard good things about Baba Is You and Islanders.

I'm waiting for some extra funds or a sale to get it. 

I do not love Baba is You. It is fine. I don't think it is clever so much as designed in a very particular way. It at times feels very linear and forced for a puzzle game. I absolutely did not like being hard locked to certain rules. 

Playing Indigo Prophecy, interesting to see a game that was made by a younger, humbler David "Subtlety" Cage...

ojb7w7c.jpg

Jesus fucking Christ....

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh man indigo prophecy hahaha yes

• Thanks 1

The game definitely holds up in that kind of pulpy culty Deadly Premonition type of game.

• Like 1

Huh, I was talking about this game with a work mate yesterday. I played it years ago and thought it was pretty decent for what it was and what struck me about the game was that you only really used the analogue sticks.

• Like 1

Finished it and man the last few parts of the game felt like David Cage did all the cocaine in the world.

Also Lucas and Carla going from zero to madly in love with no explanation. Cage could have just made it a 'last night and I don't want to be alone' sitatuation if he wanted a sex scene so bad but noooope they had to be in love because REASONS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Finished it and man the last few parts of the game felt like David Cage did all the cocaine in the world.

This. This is correct. Lol. 

I just started Mutant: Year Zero last night. It's pretty neat. A blend of stealth and XCOM style combat. Went from level 8 to 11 in one fight because I accidentally fought a group too high of level (and could only beat them by spamming grenades)

14 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Also Lucas and Carla going from zero to madly in love with no explanation. Cage could have just made it a 'last night and I don't want to be alone' sitatuation if he wanted a sex scene so bad but noooope they had to be in love because REASONS.

It’s because you can’t have sex with someone unless you are in love with them. Dolt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ruki said:

I just started Mutant: Year Zero last night. It's pretty neat. A blend of stealth and XCOM style combat. Went from level 8 to 11 in one fight because I accidentally fought a group too high of level (and could only beat them by spamming grenades)

Big fan of this game. I am at level 27 (?). Early on I tended to not understand the stealth aspect of it. Once you do, you realize that it is best to upgrade silent weapons and to tend towards upgrades valuing stealth and critical hits. 

The only thing that disappoints me is that the skill tree is quite linear. I think I would have preferred them to just say: "At level 2 you get this skill, at level 3 here's more HP!"

Also, the difficulty I chose said it would recover 50% HP at the end of combat, but that never seems to happen. Did I misread it?

43 minutes ago, Ruki said:

The only thing that disappoints me is that the skill tree is quite linear. I think I would have preferred them to just say: "At level 2 you get this skill, at level 3 here's more HP!"

Also, the difficulty I chose said it would recover 50% HP at the end of combat, but that never seems to happen. Did I misread it?

I played on baby-baby mode. 

They are releasing DLC in June. My guess is that the DLC and/or a sequel would improve the skill tree and flush the game out a bit. 

How much do you know regarding the story? 

12 minutes ago, RPS said:

I played on baby-baby mode. 

They are releasing DLC in June. My guess is that the DLC and/or a sequel would improve the skill tree and flush the game out a bit. 

How much do you know regarding the story? 

Barely anything! I've only played for 90 minutes.

-Nukes dropped because humans suck

-Stalkers are mutants who scavenge the lands for parts and food for the Ark (the last human settlement by the sounds of it)

-Dux and piggy dude get sent to find the super awesome Stalker named Hammond, who went AWOL. 

-Now I found the girl who was on Hammond's team.

17 minutes ago, Ruki said:

Barely anything! I've only played for 90 minutes.

-Nukes dropped because humans suck

-Stalkers are mutants who scavenge the lands for parts and food for the Ark (the last human settlement by the sounds of it)

-Dux and piggy dude get sent to find the super awesome Stalker named Hammond, who went AWOL. 

-Now I found the girl who was on Hammond's team.

Cool. There are a few cool twists that impact gameplay that are not expected. 

• Like 1

Playing Borderlands 2 and holy crap is the 'turn invisible' character gimped as opposed to 1.

At least now I can pause while offline...