Steam/PC Mega Thread

RoHitman Reigns

I have to ask if the whole morality system in Mass Effect (or ANY games I guess) actually matters outside of, "The response from the NPC will be different, but after that 4 second scene the game will play exactly the same." Ive never understood the morality system in games, mostly because I haven't gone in depth outside of playing Star Wars TOR a little at a friends during Beta and playing the Mass Effect 2 demo (both games I couldnt get into, and not because of the morality system), so Im genuinely curious about it.

EDIT: I dont mean to come off as judging games strictly on the morality system, I just wonder why companies make a big deal about it.

It's mostly to add to your character, I'd say. Some big choices in these sort of games result in large differences later in the game or in the next game, for example in Mass Effect if you let something survive, I believe they end up helping you later on. In KOTOR I seem to recall playing Dark Side would result in a different ending. Dragon Age Origins had a lot of nice choices that maybe didn't affect a lot, but let you decide the game your way. You could choose which army to align with for the final battle, for example.

I do love it though, I really like building my character how I want to build it. I've got a cocky Commando who tries to do the right thing in Old Republic. There wouldn't be much character to my guy if I couldn't make those choices. It also ends up resulting in different weapon, armour and skills in some games.

Sure the little choices may not actually do anything, but I don't think they're boring at all. They give you the chance to actually build a character rather than have a boring hero you don't give a shit about.

Oh I get that. One reason I enjoyed the campaign for Reach was that it gave you the option to customize a Spartan for multiplayer AND campaign. It made me feel like it was MY spartan, despite nothing else really changing based on my color scheme was. Hm. Sort of ruins my point <_<

I didnt play through ME or TOR enough for the choices to become apparent, so if they actually matter somewhat more than "Cutscene B for Response C; continue the game as it would have with Response J," then alright. I still dont quite find the appeal to morality systems to be as great as others, but if there is some sort of change that actually affects how the game plays it's better than just giving people a Face or Heel marker by their name.

Then again, I probably wouldnt be satisfied unless a game came out where there were infinite ways for the game to flow and end depending on the choices you make, each branch being completely different, and I cant exactly see that happening or expect it to happen.

TKz is too nice!

Although, in buying me a game, my wishlist is now down to 9! :angry:

Also, Ellis and Edward Ruckus should have cheaper games on their wishlist when I'm feeling generous <_<

I have a lot of games under 10, plus I added a game that's like...2 dollars and 50 cents you cheap fuck :shifty:

Yeah, everyone should play Mass Effect. A lot and many times. Just like I have.

Alright, I am off work till the 27th, I'll do some stuff in this Winter sale thing competition as well. Steam-name is svanhof. Help me. :shifty:

EDIT: Uhm, so yeah, I am getting an Error 503 with Steam, which means I can't see what I've won in the Winter sale thing. :/ And that is dumb.