General Gaming Thread

TKz

I could understand somebody not entirely being on the No Man's Sky hype train.

My roommate really loves the Elder Scrolls games; he loves going and doing the missions, talking to the people, getting to know everyone. When I lived with him, I started my own save and it drove him nuts. I didn't care about the story. Once I was able to, I simply walked away from the mission and just went to town, collecting things, rarely talking to anyone, seeing the sights, killing hostile enemies. I never once touched the main story or really any of the side missions. I just enjoyed going out and seeing everything. That is why I am super excited for No Man's Sky. It is basically the game made for me. I really enjoy exploration games and I really enjoy survival games. I think people who like Elder Scrolls, Fallout, etc. for the experience of being told a somewhat linear story and the ability to do side missions may not really enjoy the game. 

I think the notion that there will only be a handful of different styles of planet/creatures is probably off the mark.  I think the creators of the game have purposefully only shown off a very select chunk of the game because they do not want to ruin the magic of the game. On the flip side, I don't think it'll be an infinite universe where every planet is different where you literally will never have to buy another video game because you've got the rest of the universe to explore in No Man's Sky. 

• Like 3

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/181/676/397/fire-pro-wrestling/?taf_id=24360869&cid=twitter

Spike Chunsoft (merger between Spike, who made Fire Pro, and Chunsoft, who made some of the Dragon Quest RPGs) tweeted this out from their English account today.

Yeah I'm another one that hasn't been caught up in the No Man's Sky buzz. I don't really see the point of the game, when they've been asked about the object of the game it just seems to come out as really elaborate, artsy ways of saying "do shit". 

On 21/04/2016 at 20:58, Cloudy said:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/181/676/397/fire-pro-wrestling/?taf_id=24360869&cid=twitter

Spike Chunsoft (merger between Spike, who made Fire Pro, and Chunsoft, who made some of the Dragon Quest RPGs) tweeted this out from their English account today.

I considered signing it until I saw 'amazing game what deserves' and 'couldn't of done it'. Not happening.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Benji said:

For those interested - I Am Setsuna (formerly known as Project Setsuna) will release internationally on July 19th.

On PS4 as well as Steam! I like that we're getting more RPGs on Steam.

From what I read, the reviews are pretty good for it. 8/10 I believe.

I'll probably do Catlateral Damage again next, after that I'm not sure. I've been asking for suggestions but so far I've been getting TellTale suggestions which I know I'll love but I feel they're more suggesting it as something I'd like and not something that would make for a good LP. Should I go for it anyway as I'm probably going to buy Walking Dead Michonne anyway? Should I try another horror game? Something different in an action/rpg? Or should I stick to cats and/or UK zombies?

10 hours ago, Drock007 said:

In General

Many of these are series of games so I'll just list the name of the franchise not individual games. Not played all of them, but if not then it's because I wanted to because of the hype around them.

• Spyro
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Gex
  • Pandemonium
  • Croc
  • Tombi
  • Klonoa
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Oddworld
  • Ape Escape
  • Rayman
  • Tomb Raider
  • Hercules
  • Final Fantasy
  • Vagrant Story
  • Parasite Eve
  • Front Mission
  • Tekken
  • Soul Edge/Calibre
  • Ergheiz
  • Bloody Roar
  • Evil Zone
  • WWF SmackDown
  • Resident Evil
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Legacy of Kain
  • Crash Team Racing
  • Gran Turismo
  • Ridge Racer
  • Wipeout
  • Vib Ribbon
  • Parappa The Rapper
  • Tony Hawk Pro Skater
  • Syphon Filter
  • Chrono Cross
  • Kula World
  • Dino Crisis
  • Time Crisis
  • Crash Bash
  • Silent Hill
  • Dragon Quest
  • Digimon World
  • Driver
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Bishi Bashi Special
  • Brian Lara Cricket
  • FIFA (97, the king of football games)
  • Bug's Life
  • Bust-A-Move
  • Carmageddon
  • Colin McRae Rally
  • Cool Boarders
  • Dead or Alive
  • Destruction Derby
  • Discworld
  • Broken Sword
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Fear Effect
  • LMA Manager
  • Magic Carpet
  • MediEvil
  • NBA Live
  • NHL
  • Overboard!
  • PGA Tour
  • Point Blank
  • Populous
  • Simpsons Wrestling
  • Spider-Man
  • Theme Park
  • Theme Hospital
  • TOCA Championship Racing

... and probably loads more I'm forgetting.

• Like 2