Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing my best Stannis game yet. got the throne, beat robb stark, gave davos the stormlands. from there i was able to heal and convert davos, doran martell, willas tyrell the heir of the reach, and robb stark from their ailments. I divorced selyse and married some younger girl from myr i believe who gave me 3 more children, a girl, and then 2 boys so the baratheon line lives on. 

Should be interesting. My heir, who i named Orys, is turning out to be much like king robert in his traits. That will be one interesting king when stannis passes.

• 2 weeks later...

End up in a regency.

Lose an entire duchy from being invaded by France.

All the progress made in weakening my council undone.

BARELY fending off an otherhrowing plot.

This may be the beginning of the end of my viking empire :(

• Like 2

Good thing about being under six when your regency starts, as soon as you're of age you can fix your sucession laws.

MOST of the damage done was fixed. France and the Teutonic Order still have land that belongs to me. Can't fight them for it though, if I go for a Holy War they'll likely curbstomp me.

Tried to expand East, but attrition is a bitch.

Very close to bribing my way into absolute rule.

Considering consolidating my Demense so that I hold all the castles in my county capital. Germany and Saxony have each tried to take it to no avail, but it would make mobilizing my personal levies much simpler.

Playing as the Hightowers in Dance of Dragons, as for whose on the throne I really don't know lol. Both Targs that were fighting each other died but as the Hightowers I supported The Florents overthrowing the Tyrells. I also took The Arbor for myself, and working on getting fabricated claims for each the shield islands. Once the Florents are overthrown as LP will go after Brightwater Keep. 

Anyone that plays the GoT mod, what vassal is most fun/challenging to play as? I

I decide one of my vassal kings needs to fuck off so I imprison him for (legit) treasonous offenses.

It fails and he revolts.

I dominate the early fracas and proceed to capture his capital.

Then I see a deathstack coming my way. It's red, belonging to one of his Jarls.

Turns out that Jarl was trying to invade one of the Catholic nations.

Being the head of the faith, I join the Jarl's war. Now that deathstack is nonhostile to me.

The rest of the war was a formality. I take the king and strip him of his kingdom and give it to my heir.

Jarl's invasion gets curbstomped by a defensive coalition. I let it happen.

I then invent charges to arrest the Jarl with, and strip him of rank too.

Also, a countess tried to revolt against me. I send my retinue into her county and try to arrest her. It fails, she rebels, but her levy is useless against my retinue and I win with ease.

Turns out she was with child, and the child ends up in my dungeon too.

I strip the countess of her rank and make her a concubine. 16 years later, her daughter becomes my wife.

Treason against the Falkyrate: Not recommended.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Alex. said:

Ive played as him a few times, not that challenging but really entertaining nonetheless!

In the case, House Reyne during the War of the Ninepenny Kings. Avert the Rains of Castamere, and try to take over the Westerlands. 

r4BstS1.jpg

VzAEv5i.jpg

Go home France, you're drunk.

• Like 1

Had some money left on my Steam account from shit I sold and a refund that didn't go back to my PayPal for raisins. So I got back up to date on the DLC.

Started with the earliest start as a Volhynian great chief, looking to reform the Slavic faith and carve out a nice chunk of Eastern Europe to build a wall against those icky Catholics, and the always impending Mongol Hordes.

Everything started well, using infinite subjugation claims I grabbed a good few territories, and already had 2 provinces needed for the reformation.

Only problem, the dude I started with was a detached priest (-10 fert), and chaste on top of that (-25 fert), so even with two lustful attractive concubines, a wife, seduction focus... He was pretty much shooting blanks and only producing useless daughters who are unable to inherit ever in tribal nations.

So I was already feeling the impending doom, but I was able to rejoice when one of my concubines finally got preggers. And nine months later gifted me an heir!

... Who was an imbecile...

Needless to say, daddy croaked too early, leaving an imbecilic kid on the throne whom was hated by everyone with a burning passion because he's an imbecile, and also has a too big demesne (and the council refused to give away titles on top of that).

Also the kid had a rival that was 10 years the elder of him, and through shenanigans managed to become the regent of the kid. And naturally, he wanted the ruler dead with a passion. But every time he tried to complete his plot the kid managed to roll the 20% needed to survive and gain 20 prestige on top. That went on for five times until he was caught and thrown into the oubliette for his efforts.

Just when I thought I was clear, and could start my shaky rule as the imbecile conquerer of all the Slavs. He gets great pox and croaks on his 17th with no heir...

You win this time CK2, you win this time...

tumblr_o732mrAA2e1txe6kpo1_400.gif

• Like 3

So I don't know if this is a Reaper's Due thing or not... but there's an event chain where you encounter the Necronomicon.

And then send a ship to crash into Cthulhu.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

So I don't know if this is a Reaper's Due thing or not... but there's an event chain where you encounter the Necronomicon.

Pretty sure i've heard of the cthulhu stuff in previous editions too, so I don't think it's a RD thing. I personally love when insane shit like that happens in CK2

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OctoberRavenO said:

Not Reaper's Due

I believe it's part of Way of Life when you have the Scholar focus, and you build an observatory. I know that leads to finding the Necronomicon, but as far as the Cthulhu part, I've only had that happen once, where Bobby B was not only a lunatic, but also at the time taking the Theology focus. I'm not sure which it's connected to; either makes sense. Caused Robert to end up worshiping The Drowned God :shifty: . 

My current character didn't build an observatory (his dad did, though)

He does have Lunatic, but not scholar focus.

11 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Then you'd love Sunset Invasion.

I wasn't fan of it back when it came out, because OP south americans suddenly popping up to ruin your game is even on the overly-ridiculous side for me. But maybe i'll actually play a save with that on one day.

Now that smallpox and measles outbreaks happen in the game, maybe the Aztecs will be less OP <_<