Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Aerys was 'The Mad King'.

I've fired up a new AGOT game and it's even more harsh on the Starks than the books. Robb was killed in battle by a minor member of the Lorch family, Sansa was executed by Joffrey. Upon Robb's death, Bran became King in the North and promptly got captured and executed by Balon Greyjoy, so now the entire North is under Iron Islander rule, Balon is Lord of Winterfell and Rickon and Arya are missing, presumed dead.

On 20/05/2016 at 16:07, Mick said:

Capture.PNG

-__- I swear the AI can be retarded sometimes. 

I think it's less the AI and more a matter of the modder not implementing that mechanic properly. Shouldn't be so hard to put in a line saying that the captor can't participate in the plot.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, apsham said:

But the mod is just a series of name changes and stuff isn't it? It still works on the base mechanics of the game.

It's the same base game yes, but a lot of things are massively reworked to make it work in the ASOIAF lore. Including but not limited to, a whole new religion system, new plotting system, altered dynastic system, The wall & beyond, essosi cultures, slavery, war, and so much more.

9 hours ago, apsham said:

But the mod is just a series of name changes and stuff isn't it? It still works on the base mechanics of the game.

I've never played the GoT mod, so I don't know how much they've actually added. But the option to bust someone out of jail isn't in the main game. If a relative is imprisoned all you can do is hope that the captor releases them or ransoms them.

They've added a few more things to it as well. More positions, more options, control over you children's education, no technology, dragons. :shifty: 

• Like 1

I'm playing the GOT mod as Mance Rayder.  Fended off the white walkers, managed to take Castle Black and the wall.  Hung out for a few years, when suddenly I get an event saying that the Wildings  have disposed of the Night's Watch.  It prompts me to declare war of Joffrey and gives me 3 armies...each one has 23,000 men:o

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I'm playing the GOT mod as Mance Rayder.  Fended off the white walkers, managed to take Castle Black and the wall.  Hung out for a few years, when suddenly I get an event saying that the Wildings  have disposed of the Night's Watch.  It prompts me to declare war of Joffrey and gives me 3 armies...each one has 23,000 men:o

Go kill that whiny little shit ASAP.

10 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Go kill that whiny little shit ASAP.

He'd be lucky if he can, Joffery doesn't have a high survival rate :shifty: . 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jericode said:

The only time I've ever seen Joffrey reach 25 was in the Cube diary I never finished where I decided to just use the Iron Islands fleet to go steal the dragons and kill Dany. 

Do another diary plz :shifty: 

• Like 1

Okay so whilst I prep the Ned Stark game for my return to The Cube, here's how the rest of the Joffrey game went down:

We left Joffrey having had him become of legal age, so he gets to make more of his own decisions now. He finished the war with the North resoundingly, decapitated all of the Starks bar Sansa and gave the North and Sansa to Tyrion to keep him out of the way.

We also had the war with Robert Arryn to deal with, who wasn't pleased I just had all his cousins murdered. Chucked him through his own Moon Door and gifted The Vale to Petyr Baelish for his part in the plot.

Margaery had given me three kids by this point, clearly horny over all the wars i was winning: Leeroy, Trystane, and Edric. Edric mysteriously died, I missed why.

Balon Greyjoy died to officially end the War of the Five Kings (The two Baratheon kings having died in the diary) and Theon became King...

...for literally one day before Euron appeared and murdered him. Ever the opportunist I married him to Cersei and immediately vassalised him.

Some glitchy fuckery happened next - Tywin died, Jaime announced he was joining the Night's Watch (which I didn't know the Kingsguard could do in the mod) and next thing I know he's Lord Paramount of the Westerlands. Presumably he just found a loophole so he could get out of both contracts and take his place as heir again. In any case, I made my brother-in-law Loras the new Kingsguard Commander.

So for those not keeping track, that's The Stormlands, The North, and The Westerlands under full Lannister control, The Reach governed by my wife's family, The Vale under control of a very close ally, and The Iron Islands being overseen by my mother.

That left Dorne and The Riverlands. The Riverlands were in a constant state of three-way civil war, as they were attacked by The North, The Vale and The Iron Islands simultanesously once Hoster Tully died (I may also have had Edmure executed for trying to start war against me once I killed Catelyn to help this along). All three were pressing separate claims, so they were all at war with each other, despite being on the same side. I didn't care which one took it, so I left them alone and checked in with Dorne...

...which was hosting a Targaryen civil war of it's own, as Dany decided to invade using it as her point of access at the same fucking time that Aegon VI showed up out of the blue. I capitalised by joining my new father-in-law in raiding Meereen using the Greyjoy fleet, gaining much gold and forcing Dany to retreat. I then promptly fled again and pacified Aegon by convincing him to marry Arianne Martell and giving him Dorne (he decided he was just happy with one kingdom after that.)

Then came more war in Dragonstone as Dany invaded again, so I took the Greyjoy ships and met her for another brawl.

Then everything went to shit.

Drogon burned me alive, no-one in Westeros wanted a 2-year-old Trystane Baratheon governing them (Leeroy had somehow gotten himself imprisoned aged 6 and died in his cell) so The Reach turned on me, married Margaery to Aegon after disposing of Arianne, and promptly declared war on fucking everyone. I got butchered and became Jaime, having to defend the Westerlands against the oncoming forces until Euron had enough of Cersei, had a Faceless Man kill her and decide to take the Westerlands for himself. Tyrion died and Rickon appeared from nowhere, giving the North to the Starks again. Baelish hooked up Robert Arryn to Sansa to unite the Vale with the North and end the constant war there (Tyrion's North having eventually won the Riverlands).

So it quickly became the entire world vs Jaime Lannister.

And he died of gonorrhea.

The end.

• Like 6

Okay I'm encountering problems immediately that I'm sure I had last time and I don't remember how to fix it.

I've downloaded the newest version of the mod, and now as soon as I complete the set-up bit where I choose the start date and character, the bar finishes loading and the game immediately crashes. Can anyone please let me know how to fix this?