Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

In my game, King Robb of the North is slowly taking over more and more land. We are actually fighting for his claim of the Riverlands as we speak.

But the Starks are all incesting it up. Sansa originally was married to Tyrion, but he died via suspicious circumstances so she moved back to Winterfell where she married Bran. And Arya married Rickon. And Robb's first wife died so he married his oldest daughter. And now their son and daughter are betrothed. Make sure The North stays in the family, I guess...

Playing as Tywin, Robert's Rebellion. 

I decide to just do what Tywin did, and stroll to King's Landing, declare for Robert. 

Except Aerys has been removed from power, Rhaegar is king. I assume this is due to mechanics involving Conclave. 

Robert wins, and the Tower of Joy event occurs, with Ned dying, but Lyanna living. As well as....little Aemon Targaryen. 

Flash forward a year and a half. Lyanna's exiled to Pentos, and she's married to....Arthur Dayne. 

By the Father, what I have done? o_O . 

Jon Stark the baby factory. I married Val and had 5 kids, but then she died from bloody flux. So I married some other girl forget her name, and immediately have baby #6 and baby #7. Gave Moat Cailin to Rickon and Hornwood to Bran so they both bow down and kiss the ring. 

Am independent at the moment, cause Stannis and I are having a falling out. He became king and began taking titles left and right from everyone. The Paramount of the Stormlands is Davos' son. No lord paramount in the Vale lol. Dany died, and her son married my daughter. Gonna get that throne y'all.

Edited by Alex.

Will look into it eventually. I finally got around to getting the Republic DLC so I can play in Essos. Def need to look into the R+L=J and more decisions/events mod.

edit: downloaded a mod thats based on the aftermath of S6. I feel playing as Jon Snow and then marrying Dany is too OP.

Edited by Alex.

What is the recommended mods/dlc for this game, as a guy who mostly plays game of thrones?

None, really, though I feel R+L is mandatory this point, if you plan on playing past Robert's Rebellion.

There's one called Bloodlines that gives small opinion boosts to certain houses, basically folks descended from the Lord Paramounts or the Gardeners  (the Kings of the Reach, before Aegon cooked them).

Are you truly a king if the only kingdom you have is half of the vale? Aegon (Rhaegars son) is learning the hard way. <_<

Will say this current game, i started as Tywin at Roberts Rebellion, came in and pressed Roberts claim got him the win. He decided to be a dick to everyone and got himself killed. Stannis was EVEN WORSE. Gets overthrown, and in the process, throws his heir, Renly, to the Nights Watch. He has no other children..so the Targaryens, who Robert didn't kill...I dunno why not...get back on the throne with an older Rhaegar. Tywin dies, Jaime succeeds him who was released from the Kingsguard under Stannis. He becomes my heir as the power of my house is increasing. Rhaegar dies, Aegon takes over a divided kingdom where we've had...at least like 5 people takeover the reach. I think the Florent's have the reach now, but its always in civil war. Dorne, The North, and myself have been the only..consistent kingdoms. 

For lulz: Renly became commander of the nights watch and is defeated by the king beyond the wall. king beyond the wall is overthrown by myself and the north. Who becomes next LC? Littlefinger. 

If I knew this one would be such a shit show..I wouldve made a diary out of it. Im leaving out tons of stuff (The downfall of the greyjoys, littlefinger rebelling against the crown, riverlands mess) just goes to show how fun this game can be. 

edit: and just as it seems to be finally calming down:

86a8b9c90203ca2359f321de9585656d.jpg

Considering I lined him up with one of my daughters in a matrilineal marriage...this is gonna be so much more fun. 

PS: Doran never dies.

Edited by Alex.

So I got into this recently after much recommendation, and getting the hang of it enough that I'm doing pretty well in my current game, playing as Norse and having conquered all of Scandinavia.

Why I'm posting here though is that I managed to get TWO missionaries at the SAME TIME. So I imagine it ends up something like this:

"Your excellency, two foreigners have arrived and seek an audience with you."

"Well two of my concubines are pregnant so I have less to do today. Alright, send them in."

"Hello sir! Would you like to hear the good word of Jesus?"

"By Odin, this shit again? Guards, take him to the dungeon. Alright, you, what do you want?"

"...Erm... would you like to hear the good word of Jesus?"

"...Why, yes, yes I would."

"...Really?"

"No, dumbass. Didn't you see what I just did with the other missionary? Guards!"

Edited by OctoberRavenO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Clawson said:

Is it possible to start play as an unmarried Count and not lose presitge by marrying a Commoner in the Early Middle Ages?

No, but with starting, the penalty will hardly matter if you marry a good spouse to kick out good kids. Think of it as an investment. 

So true, unfortunately.....

In the early stages, I don't really care who my character marries. Just that they marry someone who can crank out some heirs. If I'm playing a vassal, I spend the early stages trying to keep the ruler I follow happy, while using diplomacy to mess things up in another kingdom. If I'm playing a ruler, I still do the diplomacy thing, but its generally toward someone who is already an enemy, or someone I plan to eventually conquer.

I also tend to do multiple saves in case a ruler gets infirm or worse. (Maimed I generally don't worry about) That shit happens, I usually load an old save unless the ruler is older than dirt and likely to die soon anyway. (I do that because I had a game ruined by a ruler becoming incapable while he was in his late 30s and the regent taking over turning out to be a huge douche.)