Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

Yeah, isn't he seven feet tall, and capable of shooting fireballs from his arse?

Though...I do wonder. Do you guys think it's okay to sleep with your son's hot Italian wife? :shifty: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mick said:

Yeah, I did anyway. Resulted in a child, who is, officially, as far as the realm is concerned, my grandson :shifty: . 

Not bad. Now since your ruler's wife is technically not his mom, he could shack up with her and since he'd then be his uncle's father that would make him his own grampa.

Yeah, crazy shit off the top of my head:

Joan of Arc

The Omen

Cthulhu

The Seventh Seal

Reincarnation  (This one's cool, you die, but get reborn as your own child, with prior traits)

Not sure if it works with Way of Life, but there's also a Karate Kid quest chain.

Seduction focus isn't op at all... After getting Master Seducer, it got ridiculously easy too, with a natural +50 opinion to EVERYONE of the opposite sex, even chaste women can't resist Drosos the Lecher, even the wife of the Basileus got hooked on the sex machine.

8c8c81d62cf189420d5a3ca22018c650.png

Edited by Jasonmufc

This brings us to my favorite Society in the upcoming expansion Monks and Mystics; the Demon Worshippers. These brothers and sisters of the left-hand path come in several varieties: Abrahamics get “Lucifer’s Own”, Tengri pagans get the “Plaguebringers”, the Indian faiths are afflicted with a particularly nasty type of Kali worship, Baltic, Slavic and Finnic pagans get “The Cold Ones” (evil shamans) and Germanic Pagans have those who curry the favor of Hel and of powerful jotuns. Regardless of religious context, they are all united in their self-serving, utterly ruthless quest for power in the world of the living, and care little for their fate in the afterlife. As they advance through the ranks, Demon Worshippers get powers like “Dark Divorce”, “Summon Familiar” and “Tainted Touch” (a health curse.) Through their network of agents, they can also attempt to abduct relatively low ranking characters. Now, a lot of the content for the Demon Worshippers is hard to explain in terms of placebo effects and natural phenomena, so if you don’t care for the supernatural I suggest simply not joining those Societies (because rooting out their covens and persecuting them through your Court Chaplain is reasonably historical and adds flavor to the game.) However, if you really don’t want them around, you can turn them off through a Game Rule.

and from today's dev diary:

Hello all, it’s time for another Society reveal: This week we’ll talk about the Hermetic society. Hermeticism is based primarily upon writings attributed to Hermes Trismegistus ("Thrice Great"), who was said to know the three parts of the wisdom of the universe.The three parts are alchemy, astrology, and theurgy.

In game terms, the Hermetics are an open society joinable by members of the abrahamic religions, as well as Zoroastrians and Zun pagans (OK, and Hellenic, should you manage to play as one). Their primary attribute is Learning. Their Powers and Missions tend to involve earlier scientific experimentation combined with mysticism and a dash of Theurgy. They will often reward you with technology points or artifacts.

There is some overlap between the Hermetic society and Way of Life’s Scholarship focus. As a member you will be able to build an observatory, just as characters with the focus can, and once it is built you will be able to interact with it further to observe the skies. Not only that, Hermetic members are encouraged to build a laboratory for additional experimentation.

Other powers and abilities include attempting to divine the future using Scrying, making Horoscopes for your children, experimenting with drugs and medical techniques, and eventually writing your magnum opus - a book of lore and knowledge that you enshrine for the ages.

There's a livestream on Twitch in about an hour on the Paradox account too.

2 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

Seduction focus isn't op at all... After getting Master Seducer, it got ridiculously easy too, with a natural +50 opinion to EVERYONE of the opposite sex, even chaste women can't resist Drosos the Lecher, even the wife of the Basileus got hooked on the sex machine.

8c8c81d62cf189420d5a3ca22018c650.png

Can I borrow him for a bit? Reasons is why :shifty:

Yeah, it's great until you get the clap or one lover discovers another. 

Other things I've learned: 
Killing rivals of courtier's may be prudent. The previous mentioned son's hot Italian wife I banged? She killed off two damn good spymasters all cause she wanted to kill a rival :shifty: 

• Like 1

So my most recent Poland game went down the toilet.

Boleslaw II died in war, his son (oddly enough also named Boleslaw) takes over. Win dad's war. So I want to build my troops and all of a sudden FUCK OFF LITERALLY EVERYBODY I'm fighting four wars at once (two revolts, two territory claims other countries try against me) Somehow got white peace in all of them. Then some merenaries I hired go to war with me. Crush that. Some more revolts somewhere. Now my neighbors in Pruthenia and Bohemia want some of my land. Army's a shell of what it was after essentially non-stop war for almost a decade, so I don't really put up much of a fight and surrender. THEN his sister the Queen of Danmark (and the one child I've managed to raise decently in any of my games) has him killed.