Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

I'm actually impressed with something. I married my daughter (first born), matrilineal, to Prince William of Normandy. Prince Bill happens to like men :shifty: . However, apparently he has a profound sense of duty, has my daughter's popped out two sons within a year of each other. Good going, Bill, you are a credit to England. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2017 at 16:07, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Finally joined the cool kids here and downloaded the GoT mod. Started at Robert's Rebellion as Ned Stark, let's see how badly I mess up.

Get killed, play as Benjen :shifty: . 

10 hours ago, Mick said:

Get killed, play as Benjen :shifty: . 

Would've been fun, had him married to Cersei. Nothing could have possibly gone wrong.

Note: Save deleted after I'm fairly sure the game glitched out and refused to end a war Robert had won despite sitting at 100% warscore for several years. Wasn't Robert's Rebellion, dude won that one and ended it by the time I had my armies merged and in his turf.

19 minutes ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

Would've been fun, had him married to Cersei. Nothing could have possibly gone wrong.

Note: Save deleted after I'm fairly sure the game glitched out and refused to end a war Robert had won despite sitting at 100% warscore for several years. Wasn't Robert's Rebellion, dude won that one and ended it by the time I had my armies merged and in his turf.

Okay, that's not a glitch per se, I think that would happen if the enemy is occupying some the other side's territory. 

3 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

In a most un-Ned move, I also had Stannis the Mannis (the guy who started it) assassinated.

My most un-Neddish thing that I did went either as follows (I can't remember :| ) 

1) Ned became King in the North by winning trial by combat after his capture

2) Ned exposed Joffrey et al as bastards of incest

Anywho, I had Robb married to Margaery, and Ned turned into a bit of a lech :shifty: .

15 minutes ago, Mick said:

2) Ned exposed Joffrey et al as bastards of incest

Well had his plan worked he might have done this...

• Like 1

Playing as Rhaegar, Robert's Rebellion. 

Robert isn't quite the commander he thought he was, and I manage to take out most armies he and his pals are able to muster. Though, there's still the problem of Aerys. He dies thanks to the old manure trap, I manage to capture Robert, and send him off to the wall. Then comes the Tower of Joy. 

(And because some people will complain <_< )  

It plays out *almost* the same way, except with the child going directly to me instead of Ned. Rhaenys, Elia and Aegon aren't too pleased with it, but meh, JonAemon will have bigger fish to fry. 

Ned and Benjen hate me, but other than that, Stannis is cool with me, as is Jon Arryn. I'm curious to see how this plays out. 

I did. Pretty interesting run so far. I won the war, consoled every man I captured at King's Landing, plus Jamie, off to the Wall. I was merciful to most of my captives, except Cersei. She became a snack for Grey Wolf :shifty: . 

Chased down Balon Greyjoy during his invasion, winning won battle which was enough to drive him into the Gift. Before that, he has 14000 men, he was left with 3000. The second battle saw Robb and Balon about to face off, until my bodyguard, Ser Olyvar Frey stepped in and denied Balon the Iron Price. Sansa's still alive, thankfully. 

Hopefully, giving the throne to Renly will allow the rest of Westeros to have some form of stability. I still have to deal with the inevitable threat of the White Walkers, and who knows what will go on once the Targs return...

So, due to the game's mechanics, I doubt I'm going to be able to get that game of Ned's Rebellion reliably going. Essentially, I would need the ACOK shit to fire, and it would basically just be ACOK with Ned instead of Robb. 

I am open to taking suggestions on the following scenarios: 

1) Aegon's Conquest as Aegon

2) Robert's Rebellion as either Robert or Rhaegar

3) Anything else interesting you can think of.

Something that can lead to Tyrion somehow becoming a king.

• Like 2

I'm employing a new strategy as an aspiring High Chief of Ireland aiming to become king. 

1) Appoint Antipope

2) Excommunicate claimants dumb enough to be courtiers

3) Imprison said courtier-claimants

4) EXECUTION

#MakeIrelandGreatAgain

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mick said:

I'm employing a new strategy as an aspiring High Chief of Ireland aiming to become king. 

1) Appoint Antipope

2) Excommunicate claimants dumb enough to be courtiers

3) Imprison said courtier-claimants

4) EXECUTION

#MakeIrelandGreatAgain

5) Build a wall

6) And Wales will pay for it!

• Like 2