Paradox games but definitely NOT GAMES OF THRONE

METALMAN

The game's five year's old, so:

Operating system: XP/Vista/Windows 7 (Note from Mick: Windows 10 runs it fine, I imagine 8 does too)

Processor: Intel® Pentium® IV 2.4 GHz or AMD 3500+

Memory: 2 GB RAM

Hard disk space: 2 GB

Video card: NVIDIA® GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon® X1900, 512mb graphics memory required.

DirectX®: 9.0c

Sound: Direct X-compatible sound card

Additional: 3-button mouse and keyboard

It's not exactly resource intensive, @VPNutsRoastingOnAOpenFire. If you've bought a new PC since then (not a Netbook), you should be good to go. 

• Like 2

I just had the craziest fucking thing happen during a Bolton play through.

Started in 8001. My goal was to make the Bolton's the Lord Paramounts, and eventually KINGINDANORF. 

So, about 90 years in, I've gotten my son married to the last female Stark. The current Lord Paramount, Jon IV, had a slight tyrannical streak to him, lost a war to increase council power, and while I didn't execute him, I did take certain steps to make sure he would never produce children. 

So now, I have a grandkid that is the heir to the North, and also my heir. Victory is within sight, and the Starks are going to be history. 

So, I plot to kill Jon. 

Time after time, my attempts fail, yet somehow, he never finds out I'm the one behind it. After two years of this, I finally decide to bite the proverbial bullet, and hire a faceless men. It's going to put me into crippling debt, and if not, chances are I'm going to have to sacrifice my life or a limb. 

So, I replace my Spymaster with a quick marriage to a high intrigue wife (I took the tyranny hit and threw my previous one in jail, and then into the oubliette, where she died quietly), and now I can hire a Faceless Man. 

"What will it cost to kill Jon, Fourth of his Name of the House Stark?" 

"It will cost a man about tree fiddy."

WELL, it was around that time I noticed that the portrait for the Faceless Man was about eight stories tall, and was a crustacean from the Paleolithic Era!

I turned to him and said "DAMNIT LOCHNESS MONSTER, GET OUT OF MY CASTLE, I AIN'T GIVE YOU NO TREE FIDDY!"

• Like 2

The new DLC is a bit 'meh'. It seems really easy too, I started a game and within 20 years I was the grandmaster of the Nordic devil worshippers, which means I can basically kidnap anyone for free, murder them for free and kill children for prolonged life.

For example, I'm Iceland, so i have about 800 troops, King of Sweden declares a subjugation invasion. I just click 'abduct' and my minions go to work. Within days he's in my dungeon. 100% warscore. Cheers.

Yeah, Satanism has big downsides if you get caught, but if you pace yourself it's way overpowered. Much easier to abduct and sacrifice your way to power than to use plots for sure.

1 hour ago, Big Gazz said:

The new DLC is a bit 'meh'. It seems really easy too, I started a game and within 20 years I was the grandmaster of the Nordic devil worshippers, which means I can basically kidnap anyone for free, murder them for free and kill children for prolonged life.

For example, I'm Iceland, so i have about 800 troops, King of Sweden declares a subjugation invasion. I just click 'abduct' and my minions go to work. Within days he's in my dungeon. 100% warscore. Cheers.

I can see how that'd be problematic. What about the new features they put in with the patch? 

4 hours ago, Mick said:

I can see how that'd be problematic. What about the new features they put in with the patch? 

The ability to control your allies in war is so super fucking handy.

• Like 2

The next patch is going to overhaul the new societies and tweak their balance and interaction with religions.

• Like 1