2012 NFL Draft Thread

Russel Wilson lands in Seattle. I don't recall them signing a QB in the offseason, so he may be starting pretty quick. Shouldn't be very difficult to knock Tavaris out of the starting spot.

• Like 1

You guys can mock the punter pick all you want but I can tell you Sam Koch is one of the most important pieces of the Ravens. If you can find a punter who will pin the opponent inside the 20 from virtually anywhere on the field and have a good defense you've taken your chances of winning and improved them immensely.

Still probably a round or two early for a punter but it's not a pick Jags fans will regret.

• Like 1

If anything, Sanu should be thankful that he wasn't drafted by the Bengals.

He's ended up in cinci anyways!

Oh and the punter: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1272968

Projected 3-4 o_O Must have a good leg.

Looking at his stats...averaged mid-40s all 4 years...but these are his career longs..

2008: 76 yards

2009: 72 yards

2010: 71 yards

2011: 64 yards

Yea..thats a hell of a leg

I should have known the Lions would fuck up the second round. You had Peter Konz waiting for you, and you take a WR (YES THE LIONS TOOK ANOTHER FUCKING WR!!!) who is coming off of a torn ACL. What the fuck? It just completely defies logic when the offensive line and secondary need help. Awful fucking pick.

Looking at him in college, he appears quick but not fast and not tall. He seems shifty though, but it remains to be seen whether he will still have that after a devastating knee injury and if that will translate well into NFL ball. The CB we drafted looks like a decent nickel or dime back but nothing more. Yeah, this doesn't appear to be a very good draft. We will see though. So far Mayhew has earned a -little- patience from me.

The # 2 ranked punter (Drew Butler, UGA) had a better punt yard average (45.4 - 43.5) over his career and he may still be available after the draft. The #3 ranked punter went for 44.0, which just further illustrates that this was a horrible pick.

If anything, Sanu should be thankful that he wasn't drafted by the Bengals.

He's ended up in cinci anyways!

Oh and the punter: http://www.cbssports...players/1272968

Projected 3-4 o_O Must have a good leg.

I wondered if after he answered his phone he was like "Fuck off already!" :shifty:

Also QB Chandler Harnish is Mr. Irrelevant. Poor Kellen Moore.

Love the Giants' draft. The only pick that didn't make sense to me was their 6th rounder, OT Matt McCants. Not only does his scouting report sound horrendous, but I see no way he actually makes the team unless somebody goes down with injuries. Baas, Beatty, Snee, and Diehl are guaranteed starters. Boothe and Locklear will both be on the team with one of them also starting depending on where Diehl plays. Mosley was just drafted so he'll be there. Petrus filled in very nicely in the guard position, so he'll be there. That's already 8. Coughlin normally carries 9 linemen and I can't see them giving up on James Brewer already, so figure he gets the last spot. Plus there's a slew of other versatile guys competing for Petrus' spot.

Everyone else filled a need - they got 2 first round caliber guys. Great draft.

The Bengals had the 2nd best draft in the AFC North. Is this real life?

I'd say they had easily the best draft to non Steeler homers like yourself.

No.

The Steelers got two first round talents, one top ten talent (best guard in the entire draft) and one of the best tackles in the draft in the SECOND ROUND. They also added a 3rd round NT in the 4th round. I like what the Bengals did but Zeitler was considered a second round talent by a lot of people, as a guy who watched Devon Still play a lot I think he's overhyped and I'm not sure Kirkpatrick is a can't-miss guy.

Rounds 3, 4, and 5 were really good for the Bengals but the Steelers dominated the first two rounds. No one else was even close.

I don't know. DeCastro and Adams are two great pick-ups. Adams would have been first round had he not done the pot before the draft.

Yep. Both guys should've been in the top 15.