Comic Book Films & TV

TKz

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can she do the accent is what I wanna know. <_<

Also, plz no Arkham game costume.

I know they won't use the classic(Even though it's a costume that translates to real life perfectly) but I'd be happy with something like her 2nd Injustice Costume. I just don't want anything based off this, this or this, this. Grey skin, two tone hair and stripper nurse outfits need to fuck off . If they do end up going with something like the classic costume, even if it's highly modified, I'll be over the moon.

Edited by Kirkland

Are you kidding me? Of those you posted, the classic costume is easily the worst IRL. It looks like something out of a cartoon, shockingly.

Not exactly going to fit in with the Snyderverse.

That's kinda why I like it the best. It looks like she just stepped out of the cartoon and the costume still works. A lot of other costumes characters have bring up "Wait, how would that work in real life?" like Batman being able to turn his head easily. But You are right about it not fitting in the universe.

Another costume I forgot to bring up that I'd like would be Assault on Arkham. I don't have a clear idea of how that one would look IRL though since apparently no one Cosplays it.

She won't have her hair covered, I can almost guarentee you that. It'll likely be some variation of your second don't want, unless they want to run with what she currently looks like.

I love the original costume but I'm willing to accept that it doesn't work in live action. Of the other options mentioned, I agree that the second one Kirkland hates is the best. That Injustice costume doesn't even look like Harley remotely to me.

Also, she does a Brooklyn accent in The Wolf of Wall Street, so I have to imagine that was part of why she got cast.

I just want the white makeup,black mask and blonde pigtails(If she can't wear the hood).

The Arkham costume is about right but there's something I just don't quite like about it. Maxx said something about going with her current look. I could dig Roller Derby Harley without the bleached skin and colored hair.

Why be anything even remotely faithful to comics, anyway, right, FOX?

Fantastic Four reboot spoilers:

We know next to nothing about Josh Trank‘s The Fantastic Four. We know they’ve casted young, changed a character race (African-American Michael B. Jordan plays Johnny Storm, who is Caucasian in the comics), and strongly hinted at upending what fans expect from an adaptation of the long-running comic series.

Unsurprisingly, those changes will also extend to the film’s antagonist, Doctor Doom, who is being played by Toby Kebbell (Dawn of the Planet of the Apes). We previously knew nothing about how the reboot would handle the Fantastic Four’s archenemy, but Steve sat down with Kebbell for the Blu-ray/DVD release of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and learned the character’s surprising new back story. People who believe that film adaptations shouldn’t stray too far from the comics: brace yourselves and hit the jump. The Fantastic Four opens August 7, 2015.

Steve asked the innocuous question of what it was like playing Doctor Doom, and Kebbell started off with a simple answer:

TOBY KEBBELL: I’m excited to see it too, and my nerves really…The only thing I can tease you about is what I worked on most was the voice because nobody—even in the cartoons, when I was watching them I was like, “So where’s he from?” There’s a mild change and I’ll tell you because of our history.

And this is where it gets really interesting:

KEBBELL: He’s Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story. And I’m sure I’ll be sent to jail for telling you that. The Doom in ours—I’m a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I’m “Doom”.

Yep. His name isn’t even Victor Von Doom, and I’m going to assume he’s also not the ruler of the fictional Eastern European country of Latveria like the character in the comics. However, the computer programmer aspect hints that they’ve kept Doom highly intelligent, and that’s how you represent powerful, scientifically-minded intelligence in the modern age.

Kebbell then gave a sense of how this character fits into the overall tone of the picture:

KEBBELL: Yeah, it was cool man. Josh, the whole deal, the lo-fi way he did it, the ultra-real. It was just nice to do that. It was nice to be feeling like we had to come to terms with what was given by this incident.

Read more at http://collider.com/doctor-doom-new-origin-fantastic-four-movie/#Mdt10HTwvY4Q5SMA.99

For fuck's sake.

What breaks my heart is that if Marvel Studios had the rights to Fantastic Four I'd be willing to bet that'd be coming out next year in place of Ant-Man, and I'm willing to believe that it'd be the shot in the arm that those characters rightfully deserve. It sucks that the Fantastic Four, whose book basically shaped the entire identity of Marvel Comics, is... well. Is this.

What breaks my heart is that if Marvel Studios had the rights to Fantastic Four I'd be willing to bet that'd be coming out next year in place of Ant-Man, and I'm willing to believe that it'd be the shot in the arm that those characters rightfully deserve. It sucks that the Fantastic Four, whose book basically shaped the entire identity of Marvel Comics, is... well. Is this.

Don't say things like this. DOOM might totally rip into you on his blog

• Like 7

I never watched Wolf on Wall Street. To me Thor is played by some dude from Home and Away and Harley Quinn is now some chick from Neighbours.

I never knew we had so many good actors on Australian Soapies. :P

Yet still no major role for this guy

Toadfishrebecchi.png

For shame Hollywood. :(

• Like 1