2013 Africa Cup of Nations

Lineker

• Admin

200px-2013_Africa_Cup_of_Nations.png

19 January – 10 February
Hosts: 22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa

Group A: 22px-Flag_of_South_Africa.svg.png South Africa, 22px-Flag_of_Angola.svg.png Angola, 22px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png Morocco, 22px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png Cape Verde

Group B: 22px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png Ghana, 22px-Flag_of_Mali.svg.png Mali, 22px-Flag_of_Niger.svg.png Niger, 22px-Flag_of_the_Democratic_Republic_of_ Congo DR

Group C: 22px-Flag_of_Zambia.svg.png Zambia (holders), 22px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png Nigeria, 22px-Flag_of_Burkina_Faso.svg.png Burkina Faso, 22px-Flag_of_Ethiopia.svg.png Ethiopia

Group D: 22px-Flag_of_Cote_d%27Ivoire.svg.png Côte d'Ivoire, 22px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png Tunisia, 22px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png Algeria, 22px-Flag_of_Togo.svg.png Togo

2013 Africa Cup of Nations squads

ITV4 and Eurosport share the UK television rights once again. Hosts South Africa open the tournament against minnows Cape Verde on Saturday.

Simply have to support Didier and the Cote d'Ivoire. Especially now that I no longer have any concerns about getting him back to the club ASAP.

Speaking of which, I hope Nigeria fail horribly. :shifty:

I will also enjoy having a bunch of matches that start at 5pm or 6pm UK time - perfectly placed for getting home from work.

It is - they just decided to change it from even years to odd years. So rather than not have one for three years they are just running 2012 and 2013 editions back-to-back.

Next one after this is Morocco 2015.

Oh. They realise it's still only going to be half a year away from a major tournament, right?

• Admin

Ivory Coast leave out Newcastle's Cheick Tiote and Lille's Salomon Kalou for today's Africa Cup of Nations game against Togo.

Ivory Coast: Barry, Eboue, Kolo Toure, Bamba, Tiene, Zokora, Yaya Toure, Gradel, Konan, Gervinho, Drogba.

Togo: Agassa, Nibombe, Akakpo, Bossou, Djene, Gaffar, Amewou, Romao, Gakpe, Adebayor, Ayite.

The Beeb's reporter is stubbenly sticking to calling Cote D'Ivoire, Ivory Coast instead it seems.

Well, it is the English pronunciation of it. It isn't like we call any other national team by their own language version of the name. I don't recall us ever playing 'Sverige' or 'Hellas' anyway :P

This tournament has been quite underwhelming so far.