Official African Nations Cup 2008 thread

The Third Dukes

...What's your point? I didn't say anything about his real life ability, because quite frankly I've not seen him play that I can recall, and chances are I probably never will unless he makes the jump to the Premiership or Championship etc.

Simply said what past experience I had with him on FM2005, and it was shit.

Hell I had a shit experience with Mika Vayrynen as well but I don't necessarily think he's rubbish either. He's an ugly duckling however.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - that's a bit of a big accusation to make.

Yeah we get plenty of Spanish and Italian football and our fair share of others. However my passion for football is quite minimal to be honest, yeah, I know my fair share and will watch Sunderland when they're on and if I'm around. However not only can I not do it, but I wouldn't want to, sit and watch football that much.

I try to watch whatever Sky Sports show on a weekend when I'm around, however I don't need to trawl through country after country and league after league to watch matches. Considering the amount of school work I need to do, all the tennis coaching I have to do and the fact that I don't particularly enjoy sitting in the house watch TV on my own all kind of contribute to the fact that last night I didn't quite manage to see Hertha Berlin, Getafe or Atalanta - shame isn't it..

Holy cow. Nigeria and Mali finish scoreless. Nigeria on 1 point from their 2 games and on life support in Group B -- They need to beat Benin, have Ivory Coast mug Mali, and hope the GD swings their way. Unbelievable turn of events here.

Unbelievable? You do realise that Mali are actually a pretty good side? It was a Group Of Death (touted as, at least), and the team that lost the Ivory Coast/Nigeria match was always going to be struggling due to the potential for Mali to take a draw or even beat the two big teams in the group.