2021 Africa Cup of Nations

Lineker

• Admin

2021_Africa_Cup_of_Nations_logo.png

GROUP A
23px-Flag_of_Cameroon.svg.png CAMEROON (hosts)
23px-Flag_of_Burkina_Faso.svg.png BURKINA FASO
23px-Flag_of_Cape_Verde.svg.png CAPE VERDE
23px-Flag_of_Ethiopia.svg.png ETHIOPIA

GROUP B
23px-Flag_of_Senegal.svg.png SENEGAL
23px-Flag_of_Zimbabwe.svg.png ZIMBABWE
23px-Flag_of_Guinea.svg.png GUINEA
23px-Flag_of_Malawi.svg.png MALAWI

GROUP C
23px-Flag_of_Morocco.svg.png MOROCCO
23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png GHANA
20px-Flag_of_Gabon.svg.png GABON
23px-Flag_of_the_Comoros.svg.png COMOROS

GROUP D
23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png EGYPT
23px-Flag_of_Nigeria.svg.png NIGERIA
23px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png SUDAN
23px-Flag_of_Guinea-Bissau.svg.png GUINEA-BISSAU

GROUP E
23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png ALGERIA
23px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.pn IVORY COAST
23px-Flag_of_Sierra_Leone.svg.png SIERRA LEONE
23px-Flag_of_Equatorial_Guinea.svg.png EQUATORIAL GUINEA

GROUP F
23px-Flag_of_Tunisia.svg.png TUNISIA
23px-Flag_of_Mali.svg.png MALI
23px-Flag_of_The_Gambia.svg.png GAMBIA
23px-Flag_of_Mauritania.svg.png MAURITANIA

---

• The top two teams of each group, along with the best four third-placed teams, advance to the round of 16.
  • The tournament runs 9th January – 6th February.
  • Sky Sports is the main broadcaster for the Africa Cup of Nations in the UK, having agreed a deal to show all 52 games live. The BBC have also negotiated to show ten games as part of their coverage that includes two quarter-finals, both semi-finals, and the final.

---

2021 Africa Cup of Nations squads

Not watching but it sounded like Nouhou had a good game for Cameroon, which makes me happy. One of the most fun players to watch for Sounders when he's at 100%.

38 minutes ago, Baddar said:

The commentary hasn't been the best either.

"The match officials really are going by the rule book here."

Well, you'd hope so.

Is it Michael Owen? Or his African counterpart, Owen Michael?

I love the Cup of Nations, I miss the days when Channel Five made it feel quite special. Also, where the buck are Zambia? :(

3 hours ago, The Kraig said:

Is it Michael Owen? Or his African counterpart, Owen Michael?

I love the Cup of Nations, I miss the days when Channel Five made it feel quite special. Also, where the buck are Zambia? :(

He's too busy dressing up as a giant doughnut man and trying to sing on ITV

• Haha 1

I have no means (legally) by which to watch this but it sounds as if the international broadcasts have been poor so far anyway. Quite a shame. 

I always love following this tournament because it's the one that seems to always have the most chaos. A ton of nations all on very near equal footing.

• Admin

Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy will miss Senegal's opening Africa Cup of Nations match against Zimbabwe on Monday after testing positive for coronavirus.

Mendy joins captain Kalidou Koulibaly and striker Famara Diedhiou on the sidelines for their Group B opener after all three players tested positive for Covid-19.

It leaves the tournament favourites with a threadbare squad for the match in Bafoussam after six players - Saliou Ciss, Bamba Dieng, Mame Baba Thiam, Pape Matar Sarr, Nampalys Mendy and second-choice goalkeeper Alfred Gomis - all remained in Dakar on Wednesday after testing positive.

Senegal are also without Watford winger Ismaila Sarr and Royal Antwerp defender Abdoulaye Seck, who are both injured.

Senegal head coach Aliou Cisse said on Sunday: "It's a difficult and complicated situation.

"But we are going to be competitive and those there are going to play for those who are absent.

"We are still going into the game against Zimbabwe full of confidence."