The Xbox One Thread

Dan

Sony will reveal that Halo 5 is a PS4 exclusive later.

Catching up on the show now: Just up to ScreamRide and that's the thing that has stood out for me thus far. It sounds wrong but there's just something funny about rollercoaster disasters.

I missed that, went for a piss just before it came on. Will have to find a trailer on youtube.

Yeah, Tomb Raider's amongst my favourite games of the current (well, last) generation so I'm now even more sold on getting an xbone. Will likely wait until September/October because the only things I'm massively hyped for so far as Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive.

Destiny looks lovely but I'm not the biggest online gamer nor have I ever been a big fan of Halo. And as for what's already out there's only really Metal Gear Solid and Wolfenstein that I really want to play and I figure they'll be pretty cheap come Autumn time.

But yeah, Microsoft are winning. It's been a slow start but the last few months and last few announcements have restored my faith in the xbox.

• Like 2

A video of the updates I talked about earlier. MS are being awesome with these updates! Seriously, that watching TV on another device via Smartglass while playing a game on the Xbox is one of the most impressive things I've seen this generation. Brilliant!

• Like 1

Nathan Drake would totally win in a fight against Lara Croft.... :shifty:

Gah I never like 3rd party games becoming exclusives, it's bad for the industry and it's bad for half of the fanbase. If anything this is going to force Sony into throwing money at some other franchise to counter the coup.

I should really finish Tomb Raider too. It's a great game and I'm close to the end, got a bit jaded with and forgot I had it. Might as well make the most of the it now!

I imagine Microsoft compensated them to an extent where they felt it was the best business decision.

Long-term I'd imagine it's never a good deal for a studio unless it's heavily financed by Microsoft/Sony, but the offer of guaranteed money is likely to good to refuse.

Just caught the trailer for ScreamRide that Ellis was talking about earlier:

What the fuck... o_O

On the Tomb Raider topic: Sony was the third largest holder in SE shares until April when it sold them. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that?

On the Tomb Raider topic: Sony was the third largest holder in SE shares until April when it sold them. I'm wondering if it has something to do with that?

Probably just Microsoft ponying up the cash. It won't last though, the Game of the Year Ultra Turbo Edition with all the DLC Xbox owners spent an extra $20 on will surely land on PS4.

EDIT

And now, confirmed.

• Like 1

The thing I loved about the TR reveal is that generally, the Sony fanboys have been insufferable dickheads since launch (arguably despite having a weaker launch line-up), goading other customers and yakking on about how much more powerful a machine it is. Generally, the Xbox lot have just been content to play their consoles, there's not been nearly as much mudslinging. And now the Sony lot are virtually bawling their eyes out over how unfair it is and how evil Microsoft are. Schaudenfreude maybe, but it's good to see them suffer a bit.