The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I plan on sticking with Hohokum because I accidentally got one of the trophies without knowing what they were, so it'll forever bug me if I leave it on my record with just one of them obtained <_<

As I said in the 'Complete Your Collection' Thread, I tend to accept 70% of the trophies on the main game as an acceptable total to get value out of a game these days. I say main game because more often than not I don't buy the DLC.

I was having a lot of fun with Ether One, even if the puzzles are kinda obtuse sometimes, especially the ones to get the Projectors working. Played it for about 4 hours until I couldn't access an area since I forgot to bring a key with me from way back when and I'm not trawling the previous areas to find a single key. Probably would be fun to play with a walkthrough for the story beats since the premise is actually a little intriguing since it does some interesting things toward the end of each level.

Race the Sun feels like something I'd get really into on my phone but it's not doing much for me really. Fine for a freebie though.

Not tried Unfinished Swan but I loved Guacameele when I played it on PS3. Gets pretty hard toward the end with some tough enemy rooms and platform sections though. Not sure I finished it.

Beat Guacamelee and Never Alone today. Got PT and Counter Spy to have a go at then I'll finally have caught up on my Plus games backlog and be able to try and work through the disc backlog (Lords of the Fallen, Dying Light, FF Type O and a couple of others) before ES:O and Arkham Knight hit in June. Not to mention the dozens of games I'm waiting for price drops on.

Also I saw the Last of Us DLC is available in the store as standalone content with the multiplayer. Is anyone playing that on PS4? I liked Factions on PS3, it was a cool concept.

Surprisingly, you can just sprint through the last section of the final level of Counterspy. When I finished the game on expert, I was kicked back to the middle of sector 3 with one minute on the countdown clock and made it with a few seconds to spare.

EA is still working out like a charm... took me forever (2 computers, 3 browsers) to finally get my gameface created and uploaded and... well... in game it looks a tad bit different.

Epe4GSR.jpg

After that happened i spend hours in the EA Support chat were they pretty much trolled me with "format your computer and reinstall windows" type ideas of problem solving (is your console you just downloaded our 20gb game with connected to the internet? Please turn it of and pull the power plug, that should solve the problem) only to - in the end - be redirected to the forums to post my problem there were maybe a developer might read it (i kid you not, that's what some Indian dude told me).

This company, i am telling you....

I can change the hair, it´s just that they linked the assets wrong, problem is you can´t change game face assets in game. And my face is not being loaded, it´s some generic head.

Edited by Herr Matzat

EA is still working out like a charm... took me forever (2 computers, 3 browsers) to finally get my gameface created and uploaded and... well... in game it looks a tad bit different. Epe4GSR.jpg After that happened i spend hours in the EA Support chat were they pretty much trolled me with "format your computer and reinstall windows" type ideas of problem solving (is your console you just downloaded our 20gb game with connected to the internet? Please turn it of and pull the power plug, that should solve the problem) only to - in the end - be redirected to the forums to post my problem there were maybe a developer might read it (i kid you not, that's what some Indian dude told me).This company, i am telling you....I can change the hair, it´s just that they linked the assets wrong, problem is you can´t change game face assets in game. And my face is not being loaded, it´s some generic head.

To be fair, I had the same problem on Xbox One and after power cycling a couple of times, it actually fixed it. Essentially the game wasn't properly checking that there was new or updated game face data, and rebooting, clearing the cache or whatever was actually forcing it to get the right info.

I don´t know, when i switch the beard around and import a new game face it changes the beard, it´s just still the wrong one.

Asides the fact i enjoied the game a lot, until i went to face John Jones who, even on easy (!), beats you up like Mike Tyson on the NES. (legit one punch and your knocked down), i wonder who thought that was a fun idea, esp since you face him over and over again in careerer. I just remebered that they pulled the same shit in Fight Night Champion. Submission game is a bit hoacky but i can deal with it.

Edited by Herr Matzat