The PS4 thread

9 to 5

A couple of things caught my eye in my (new) local CEX yesterday.

Driveclub for £12. I know reviews were negative on release but they've apparently patched a whole lot of stuff and it does look beautiful visually. Didn't get it because I had The Crew at the back of my mind which is still unfinished, but I might just bite the bullet this weekend, as I know I'll play through it eventually, and won't get it MUCH cheaper than £12. Seems our PS+ free version is no nearer to landing.

Oh, and I also saw one of the greatest ever PES games in there for PS2, PES 5 - 15p.

I went out and got Mortal Kombat today because I had a gift voucher I got from my last job for Christmas. Anyone played the new one? What's their opinions on it? I

I got it on Xbox, it looks gorgeous and there's plenty to do. I'm not a fan of being forced to control certain characters in the story, as being unfamiliar with the likes of Kotal Khan makes it difficult to progress. There's a big learning curve, especially if you're a beat em up newbie like me, but it's a lot of fun. Some of the fatalities are straight up disgusting.

Do you need much in the way of Lord of the Rings knowledge to enjoy it?

One Ring to rule them all,

One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all,

And in the darkness bind them

That is literally all the info you need to play the game. Nothing else is canon and will need more background.

Apparently I got so caught up in revenge that I've played the game a lot and I'm still only about 28% complete. I need to stop killing Generals who don't really matter. I've killed every single Warchief so that only Ratbag still stands.

A couple of things caught my eye in my (new) local CEX yesterday.

Driveclub for £12. I know reviews were negative on release but they've apparently patched a whole lot of stuff and it does look beautiful visually. Didn't get it because I had The Crew at the back of my mind which is still unfinished, but I might just bite the bullet this weekend, as I know I'll play through it eventually, and won't get it MUCH cheaper than £12. Seems our PS+ free version is no nearer to landing.

Oh, and I also saw one of the greatest ever PES games in there for PS2, PES 5 - 15p.

Driveclub is easily worth £12. I never played it at launch but it controls really well (a lot better than The Crew, for sure), looks gorgeous and has plenty of content. They're constantly adding new content through DLC too. Some is free but the rest is affordable. It's a shame it was such a disaster at launch because if it came out as strong as it is now, it would have been awesome. Still, at least it's cheap now.

Random thought because someone mentioned Driveclub. It´s for 25€ on PSN if you have PS+, i have no idea what this means for the free version or when they will just put it in a plus monthly game but... what big games are there that could end up in Plus? I was thinking WatchDogs, the game is on sale here in germany this weekend for 17€ on PS4 and thats even the special edition Disk version. I think for my PC copy i spend like 7€ and that included the season pass (not that i ever played it...). Maybe they will dumb that on us soon to sell some more season passes at a place were people can´t go for cheap season pass codes all over the web.

There's a leaked list that has Rayman Legends and Knack on it for this upcoming month so I dunno if that'd class as big for you. Still, two retail releases. That and Shovel Knight which I would enjoy getting 'free' but I dunno, still seems too early to go that route unless they're throwing some cash their way to make up for it.