The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Spotify playing in the background while gaming is pretty cool. Something I as a consumer should have picked up on is that while there isn't an arms race going on hardware-wise, there is a race to utilize what each system can do with the power it has. Feels more like a feature race.

Any idea if there is a quicker way to skip songs or get to the spotify menu without suspending your game? I remember the music unlimited had something like that when I did the free trial when it first came out.

Press the PS button and there should be some Spotify controls at the top. Think it's play/pause, skip and volume control.

Axiom Verge is great but the third boss is kicking my tits in. I don't THINK I've missed anything so far since I've been pretty thorough with the searching but I can already tell that this is going to be a game with some wild business in it.

Its not as easy to play online together as a shooter, per se. There's a whole bunch of steps that have to be done to maybe get in together. How do you feel about hard games? Its incredibly unforgiving and can be very frustrating. I mean, I love it to death and it was an easy choice to buy it over The Show (which I still plan on picking up) but its definitely not a game for everyone.

This may be a dumb question but is streaming yourself based on the speed of your internet connection? And if so how fast does it need to be? As a gift to the fine folk of EWB I have strongly considered renting Bloodborne and streaming the results

:D

This may be a dumb question but is streaming yourself based on the speed of your internet connection? And if so how fast does it need to be? As a gift to the fine folk of EWB I have strongly considered renting Bloodborne and streaming the results

This would go a long way into telling me whether I want to buy it. I'm pretty sure we both have the same opinion on difficulties with games.

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Go to speedtest.net and click "Begin Test". Streaming is dependent on your upload speed, but it will test both upload and download speeds.

I mean, I guess it depends on how low "below 10" is? My upload speed is 0.62 kbps because I live in the middle of nowhere and my provider is bad (and the only game in town). I've read streaming guides before that say anything higher than 1 Mbps should be okay for streaming, but ideally the higher the better. So if you're getting results like a 3 Mbps upload speed, 4 Mbps, etc. you shouldn't have any problems streaming I would think.