The PS4 thread

9 to 5

I have such a backlog to get through I can't even think about Apotheon right now. Dying Light, Far Cry 4, Lords of the Fallen, Counterspy, Rogue Legacy, Transistor (?), Dragon Age, The Crew and Alien. And that's without thinking about Type 0, Bloodborne, Hardline this month and Batman, Witcher 3 and ES:O on the horizon.

Oh to still be at university...

Finished The Last of Us today, kind of anti-climatic.

It kind of was, but it was still the only way that it could go. I enjoyed it but it wasn't the most exciting ending. You could pretty much call it from the very beginning. Still a good game though. I've yet to play the DLC for it.

I thought the ending was wonderful. What didn't you like about it?

Well, there was no big bad to kill at the end and having only played on normal, the finishing stretch through the hospital wasn't even the hardest part of the game. The story just kinda ends as well, no real closure. Although I guess they're making a sequel?

Well, there was no big bad to kill at the end and having only played on normal, the finishing stretch through the hospital wasn't even the hardest part of the game. The story just kinda ends as well, no real closure. Although I guess they're making a sequel?

It was hard if you tried to blast your way through the tunnel as I did the first 10 times before I figured out I could just sneak around them and never waste a bullet.

Pretty sure it was intended from the get go as a trilogy. Which is always fun.

I loved that there wasn't an end boss to the game. I don't want all of my video games to feel the same, and honestly, an end boss in The Last of Us would have taken what was a fantastic cinematic experience in game, and ruined it with typical gaming structure.

If a game is designed to play out realistically (as was The Last of Us) then I would prefer the End Boss Convention to be forgotten about. It takes me out of the experience and makes it way too obvious that what I'm playing is just a game.

• Like 1

Snowball interviewed a dude from Capcom today and got given the new Devil May Cry game for free.

That's fucking awesome.

Why'd she interview said dude?

She's doing her university dissertation on cosplaying and such like and she wanted to interview a games developer type for various such reasons and she tried contacting basically all of them ever and the Capcom dude agreed to be interviewed and so she went and interviewed him about cosplaying and such because that's what her dissertation is about and he totally gave her the game for no reason and that's just pretty fucking cool.

WHY IS SNOWBALL CORRUPT ENOUGH TO ACCEPT A BRIBE WHILST CONDUCTING THIS SO CALLED INTERVIEW?

#GAMERGATE

Actually you're right. She totally blew him.

• Like 1