The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Bloodborne drops next month, I've never played either of the Souls games but everyone seems to gush about them endlessly.

OH SO GOOOD, just don't be a pansy.

Yeah, I'll likely pick it up because it's an exclusive and everyone seems pretty pumped by it, I just don't know anything about it really other than apparently it's going to be really fucking hard.

Hot.

Anyway, first impressions of The Order are actually really good. I've only completed the first chapter but it plays superbly and the engine is fantastic, not to mention it looks bloody gorgeous.

From the little combat I've had, yeah, it is pretty much Ye Olde Gears of Ware but I was always a fan of that cover based system, so that might depend on your own personal thoughts of that.

I'm sure I'll be a little disappointed by its length, and there does already seem to be a slight over emphasis on QTE but the foundation is extremely solid.

Put my Dying Light pre order in yesterday!

He was trying to sell me on The Order as well, but it's not for me, at full price anyway. Apparently they're offering a guaranteed £30 trade in for it (GAME) if you return it by the 2nd or 3rd of March (he wasn't sure which), but even so, paying £55 for a game that I'm purposely trying to power through just to get some of that back doesn't appeal. I'd rather just rent it.

Fuck it, I'm really digging The Order. I'm only on chapter five but it's bloody good for what it is, and it really doesn't deserve even half the slack it's actually getting.

Yes it's a glorified tech demo and yeah it relies a lot on QTE and there's more style than substance but it looks so beautiful, there's ne'er a glitch or game breaking bug in sight and what it does well it does reallllllllllly well. Maybe it's not worth the £50 asking price but in 4-6 months when it's down to half that it'll be one of the best games on the system.

I know it's selling well and I really hope RAD get another shot at it because the world, characters and engine they've created are up there with the best of them, and if they get an opportunity to iron out the creases and the explore the universe with a little more depth than they're onto a winner.

I can't remember if I already made the comparison to the first Assassin's Creed game but I can't think of anything more apt, they've created something with three whole butt loads of potential and I really hope we get to see what they can do with it.