The PS4 thread

9 to 5

Looking at the guy who played it's YouTube videos, it all adds up to about 5 hours, 40 minutes. Start to finish.

Yikes. Is it rushed at all?

And hey, if there's any level of exploration then that would definitely boost the play time. I mean I guess you could complete, say, Bioshock Infinite in about 7/8 hours but that world kept me entertained for about 20 just because of how beautiful it was to explore.

A few people in the same thread are saying that a good chunk of that time is made up of cutscenes. Personally, short games don't bother me if the content is enjoyable and memorable. I've played Metal Gear Solid, Bioshock, Sonic and a few other games many times, and it's just like watching a good film several times. If this game is good, I wouldn't be upset about five hours at all, but as I've said before, the game doesn't look very appealing to me, so I won't be paying full price for it anyway.

I'm not defending it as such, but "5 hour campaign" is a little misleading when it'll take most of us more than that. I imagine you throw in some deaths from the difficulty increase and add on any side-stuff (if you're into that) and it'll be pushing 8-10 hours.

I'm not getting it anyway, far too much stuff to play through on my various machines to even bother right now.

Anyone play Tomb Raider: Temple of Osiris? How is it? I'm considering getting it but it mostly looks like a MP game

The order isn't actually 5 hours. It's ten. The rumour came from a person that got an early copy who finished it. While the trophies made people think he got it all in 5 hours by his own statement it was ten and he had some not loaded up by the online features yet.

Anyways, by his own count it's ten. Not a lot but twice as much as previously thought. I'll try to find a link later.