The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

For some reason the idea of Lucas Piazon playing for Aston Villa makes me imagine an exchange where he's wandering around being all "look at me I'm a tricky Brazilian number 10", and Lambert would say "that's nice, today you're playing at right-back".

Don't ask me why. :shifty:

In case Villa fans aren't aware, this extract thieved from WAGNH neatly sums up Piazon's most recent season (at Vitesse):

The twenty-year-old winger started the season on a blistering pace, scoring an unbelievable 11 goals and 8 assists in a twelve-game period between September and December. He quickly asserted himself as the best player in the Eredivisie and literally became the face of Vitesse.

BeBZEN1IIAAmK6s.jpg

After his amazing performance in the Gelderse derby in which he scored the winning goal, in addition to showing why one does not simply try to get past Lucas Piazon (see below), he was rewarded by the Vitesse faithful with his own banner (the picture of which I am unable to copy over).

piazonsmash4_medium.gif

After the club returned from the winter break, however, things went a bit downhill for Piazon, and he didn't record a single goal or assist during the last four and a half months of the season.

Of the sixteen Eredivisie matches after the winter break, Piazon played in thirteen and started eight. Over the last ten matches of the season, Piazon was only in the starting eleven twice and saw 288 total minutes on the pitch.

It should be noted that Piazon only got those two starts because Renato Ibarra picked up a suspension.

Something to look forward to. :(Y)::shifty: