The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Newcastle finally agreed a fee with Montpelier yesterday for Remy Cabella and apparently Janmaat deal will be done by the end of the week, to replace Debuchy.

If both of those go through I'll have no complaints, but the lack of movement on a striker is worrying.

Apparently Di Maria has agreed terms with Man Utd, he'll be earning 150,000/week in case the move goes through.

Also this:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/monaco-striker-emmanuel-rivire-close-7408480

Julien Laurens @LaurensJulien

Montpellier and Newcastle have found an agreement for the transfer of Remy Cabella. "We have a deal" said Laurent Nicollin, club's CEO.

Newcastle finally agreed a fee with Montpelier yesterday for Remy Cabella and apparently Janmaat deal will be done by the end of the week, to replace Debuchy.

If both of those go through I'll have no complaints, but the lack of movement on a striker is worrying.

Check out Rafa News, man. :(

Just read that Wenger is apparently trying to convince Song to come back to Arsenal as well, possible as a replacement for Arteta.

Pogba would be perfect for just about everyone.

I mean, he's no Jonas Gutierrez...

Nooooo.

ANOTHER DONE DEAL

Graziano Pelle to Southampton

YAY!

Yeah I'd love to see Liverpool splurge their money on shitty players and finish midtable like Spurs did but the difference is Rodgers is actually a decent manager. I don't expect them to challenge for the title immediately after losing Suarez but they should do well enough.

That's sort of the thing. Spurs had a lot more problems than buying a bunch of players that just didn't settle. I wouldn't expect a title challenge either. I think everyone will improve on last season.

I know we were very interested in Bony too. Strange to see where he would fit in at Liverpool with Sturidge and Lambert cos all three are very much line strikers and I assumed they'd want someone slightly similar in style to Suarez, but maybe they have that covered with Lallana? Either way, very impressed with Liverpools business so far. Hopefully they all do a Spurs

I have heard it suggested maybe Rodgers doesn't want to play with two up front and that having Suarez and Sturridge forced that to happen. It looks like Liverpool are mostly being linked to attacking midfielders and that the striking options will be Sturridge, Lambert, Borini and possibly Bony.

It's going to be impossible to replace Suarez like for like but with Lallana you have someone who creates a lot of goals and Lambert who has gotten into double figures two seasons in a row in the Premier League. While Bony got 16 last season for Swansea. You'd hope based on having a couple of new guys that know how to finish and one or two extra that know how to set up goals will help replace Suarez and his penchant for doing everything himself.