The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

He is a bit of a prick for killing an innocent animal though, IMO.

And he dressed up a bunch of people in army uniforms and had them shot for the intro of Saving Private Ryan.

Bring me the hat sauce.

Though that was when his release clause was widely reported to be £80m. My point was that we wouldn't accept anything less than his release clause :P

You never stated "for less than his release clause" flat out £80 mil is what you said, I hope your chapeau is tasty.

I did get a kick out of that article on the BBC the other day talking about Liverpool's interpretation of the ban, going over what they think he's allowed and not allowed to do.

Not allowed:

Play in a professional match

Watch a professional match in a stadium

Allowed:

Transfer to another team (natch)

Take part in a kickabout down the park

Play football video games

Won't even be allowed to have one of those proper welcome reveals on the pitch at the Nou Camp will he since he's banned from entering any stadium?

"LIVE via satellite feed...!"

Is he allowed to do kick ups on the pitch as part of his reveal to the fans?

I didn't think he was even allowed in the stadium?

They're arranging another location for his unveiling on Wednesday.

Edited by Nerf

Optimistic despite losing our best player.

75mil can be put towards 2/3 who can add a lot to the squad and give us a whole lot more depth, we don't have to put up with the psychotic bullshit anymore, he would have been banned till November anyway.

But at the same time this is a guy who contributed about 50 goals last season either by scoring or in getting the assist, its hard to replace someone like that. We were never gonna be able to keep him forever and the time is right to sell him. Just hopefully we can bring in the right people to add to the squad and push on and secure top 4 again next season.

80, 75, 64.

Which is it? Sky just said 64m. Now I know why it irks Stoker so much.

I'd place good money on it being 80m euros (c. £64m), and someone converted 80m euros into £75m because they can't do maths.