FIFA 15

Dan

I imagine Ultimate Team put any hope of that way down the list of priorities. That's the simplest way for EA to get more money out of idiots who invest money in it, providing the infrastructure for an online career mode is probably not high on the agenda.

That's a huge list, shame the newly promoted teams haven't got anyone but that's understandable.

The rumour going round is that tomorrow will be a similar deal with La Liga which would be awesome, I'm still hoping they bought the CL from PES but can't see it. It's a shame because I'd love some CL stuff but I just don't like PES these days, I'll give '15 a try because it's the first next-gen version but doubt it'll be as good as FIFA.

There's nothing to confirm that they haven't got the Spanish stadiums licensed and have chosen not to reveal them yet. Still plenty of time for more announcements.

I'm never going to complain with them adding more teams, and they had to counter the loss of the Brazilian league somehow.

Well, even though the Turkish League is hardly more interesting than the Brazilian League. It makes quite a bit of sense in the marketing scheme.

Turkey is a big market for the FIFA games, so they'll satisfy that market. Brazil on the other hand is still a huge loss, but it's also the only continent where PES is still as big and popular as FIFA is everywhere else.

PES has the Argentinian and Chilean competitions licensed for that sole reason, and seeing how Brazil isn't licensed for FIFA anymore you can probably expect Konami to announce they have the Brazilian License.

I wonder if the Turkish league will boast fully authentic and licensed racist chanting.

And glorious 1080p HD goat sacrifices.

How does FIFA handle the names/numbers on the back of shirts then? Is it like a flat texture and that's a part of the shirt?

I haven't bought a FIFA game since 09, and I play PES 2013 regularly, but I did play FIFA 14 on PS3 over a mates a couple weeks ago. I don't know, but the appearance of FIFA's shirts just a looks a little... flat. The letters and numbering on the back looked flat, as did the whole shirt in general. It didn't look like a shirt with wrinkles and waves in it, something I noticed PES has.

Yeah that's one of the graphical flaws that's always been in FIFA for years and gets on my tits. They've never managed to get the Premier League name numbers right. The names act like part of the material on the shirt and not like they're printed on. They tend to be weird sizes too.

They still haven't sorted it looking at the trailer, which is ridiculous considering I had PES on my PS2 that wasn't licensed and still had the proper Premier League font.

Yeah, I remember one of the games we played on FIFA was with Man. City, and I remember Joe Hart's name being all horrible and stretched and oddly sized when he was raising his arms etc. It struck me because I know PES has a technique where the characters are rendered separately.

But on the other hand, I noticed FIFA, even on the PS3, is actual grass, as opposed to a flat surface (well I assume it is present on FIFA 14, but I noticed it on the World Cup game which I have the demo of).